PDA

View Full Version : boomerang

purplepower
08-17-2003, 11:19 PM
I have always been faithful to my 1957 inboard ski boat. It has been a great family boat, reliable, good on gas and a very kind wake. However last year I tore my hamstring coming out of the water. This forced me to make some choices: more exercise, lose weight and more power. The boat is a classic, so re-powering it was not atttractive.
I went looking for a 17-18 foot inboard boat with low hours, less than five years old (remember I already have a project boat). I was about to give up becase the current generation of inboards were just too expensive and bigger than I wanted. Yes I know \"go big or go home\" but I just did not need to tow around all that extra boat.
Last week I found it! A 2000 Boomerang with less than 100 hours and in great shape. I have just had it up at the lake for three days and I think it is a great piece of kit. It is an instant classic. Great to drive. Great to ski behind.
I am getting used to the purple. My wife asked if the gas gauge was broken because it was dropping so quickly! No it is not as economical as the old boat.

Tony

waterboy
08-18-2003, 02:41 AM
Wow. a 1957? I had a couple of 57 Bel Airs when I was a kid, but I wasn't smart enough to keep 'em. There's an antique boat show nearby every year, I never miss it.
Anyways, congratulations on your new purchase, Tony....and welcome to the Moomba club!

Brian