PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Jamboree.... Any interest out there?

spyder
03-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Would anyone be interested in an Ontario, Canada Jamboree?

Laz
03-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Sign me up!

yardmantom
03-06-2008, 02:02 AM
I would be interested in a party for sure. I was just thinking about that the other day. I'm up on Lake Muskoka in Bracebridge which isn't too far from Muskoka Lakes Marine on Rosseau, the only moomba dealer in the area. There's tons of places to stay in the area and good bays to have some boats get together.

I run an old moomba boomerang thats been done up but she's a lot of fun and sexy as hell. haha.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2928

I'd be happy to help set one up. My folks run a campground in bracebridge that would be a good place to stay if anyone was coming up for the weekend.

www.muskokaridge.com

best,
-tom

deerfield
03-06-2008, 10:35 AM
yardman - Seeing the picture of a wakesurfer behind your Boomerang has me convinced that I could do the same behind my Outback. Have to admit that the first time I saw a bulletin board post last year from Ed G about wake surfing, I thought he was kidding. Had to be a joke or some inside thing that I just didn't get. But the topic kept popping up and after a while I realized he was serious. My wife wants a pair of HO wakeskis new on the market this year to add to our toy collection. Guess I'm finally convinced from Ed's marketing, what others have been saying, and your pic that I need to get off my duff and also buy a wakesurf board. Gotta' love something that takes finess to master at a slower speed and does not cost in terms of broken bones or otherwise inflict pain when you screw up. You got a good lookin' boat there in that Boomerang. Guess that 'Rang makes you one of the earlier Moomba fanatics. - Deerfield

Smrtz
03-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Count me in for that...

jmvotto
03-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Ya think I can get the moomba through customs? ( damn, need a passport now) :?

Ed G, you coming i got Feb08 receipt, my wife loves lobster :lol:

How far from buffalo?

JV

spyder
03-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Ya think I can get the moomba through customs? ( damn, need a passport now) :?

Ed G, you coming i got Feb08 receipt, my wife loves lobster :lol:

How far from buffalo?

JV

If your only towing in for a weekend, i wouldn't see a problem coming into Canada..I am sure the fishing dudes do it all the time.

Also, don't know where it would be hosted yet..

Could be anywhere from 1-5 hours from Buffalo.

ian ashton
03-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm just on the other side of the river (the Detroit River that is) and I'd definately be up for something, assuming I'm able to get my Moomba by then that is. I like the idea of camping too, I haven't gone camping in forever!

Laz
03-14-2008, 09:50 PM
I'll be up with the family in Huntsville for the last week of July and the first week of August with the Outback. I think it's about a 30 minute drive to Rosseau.

Anytime then would be good.

jburnside
03-20-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm also near Detroit. I'll bring the LSV over the bridge if it's not too far of a drive. Let us know where!

Ian,
Where did you buy your boat? Club Royale?

ian ashton
03-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm also near Detroit. I'll bring the LSV over the bridge if it's not too far of a drive. Let us know where!

Ian,
Where did you buy your boat? Club Royale?

I haven't purchased it yet, if all goes well we will be making our order this week at Club Royale.

MOOMBALSVOntario
03-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a good idea,

how many people interested?

Ontario Moomba Owner.
Brian

Ian Brantford
03-29-2008, 04:34 PM
I am interested, though I would probably beg for rides rather than tow my own boat in from Ottawa. I do not know my summer schedule yet though.

Say, Muskoka Lakes Marine is where I bought my 2005 XLV. I did the test drive in the December prior to the boat show that year. Does anyone else have the distinction of having done their test drive in a raging snowstorm? Raise your hand if so...

Mikey
03-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Not my testdrive but took possesssion and did my watertest in a near blizzard.minus 4 and blowing snow but all was good because we got our Baby and its been smooth sailin since. 8)

ian ashton
04-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Any updates on this? I'd love to attend!

Laz
04-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Brian, where do you keep and use your boat?

Laz