PDA

View Full Version : Southern Hopitality

Sled491
03-03-2008, 07:26 PM
So, just a shout out to Butta and his generous hospitality this past weekend. We had a chance to hook up and it was all good. Butta was concerned that we didn't have a camera to post pics because he thought Ed would never believe us. Probably a good thing we didn't though :lol:

We ate hot wings, drank way too much beer and had a great time. Too good of a time, I couldn't make it the next day to his place to watch the race and eat his homemade hot wings. Sorry Butta 8)

It is always cool to put a face to a name, we had a similar experience last year with Deerfield at the Jamboree.

We have decided that from now on we'll leave the technical stuff to Z and just spend our time trying to make every one laugh. Not really but we can put it to a vote at the next goodwil meeting of North and South. You East West guys should try it :D Z date and time TBD

hiqualityH2O
03-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Very cool! Sled, did you get a chance to meet Dale Jr. in the garage?!

Buttafewcoe
03-04-2008, 05:27 AM
Yep, I have to second that, sled. It seems a good time was had by all that was in attendance. Good conversation, sharing commonalities, and the best part I was able to talk about me OB
B

Sled491
03-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Butta, hope the wife wasn't too pissed 8)

Buttafewcoe
03-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Not at all.....hey, look outside....lake's fillin' up!
B

Sled491
03-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Yep, makin' my hair frizzy :lol:

Buttafewcoe
03-05-2008, 05:30 AM
According to the tab, we sat there and had 15 beers, 7 fer u, 8 fer me. I had one b4 you got there.
No wonder I felt a little (actually a lot) fuzzy next morn.
B

zegm
03-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Sled, Bambam,Butta,tazz, bama,

The boat is done and is waiting at the factory for the trip south to Atlanta!
Will be there saturday, the day my wife gets out of the hospital, so I will go and get it a week from Friday! However, I told the dealer I need pictures, lots of pictures and a Roo on the stern!

Buttafewcoe
03-06-2008, 05:29 AM
I'm happy for ya, Z. I really hope your Mrs. operation goes well, too.
Mrs. B had a similar thing done in her lower back. 2 plates, 6 screws, 3 vertabre fused.
It's gotta be putting a damper on getting the boat tho; how could you enjoy sucha thing when your life partner faces something like that?

kaneboats
03-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Didn't Z say it's to be the wife's boat? Looking forward to the new Moomba may help her as much as anything else. Would for me. We'll continue to keep her in our prayers, Z.

zegm
03-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks Kane!
Yes my wife is the big skier, well used to be the kids are catching up. She used to compete in college and has done the course and that jumping thing! Maybe why her neck is messed up. But I have the fishing boat and yes this is her baby, at least that is how we talk about it around here. So she will be happy to not have to drive the 11 - 12 hour round trip to get her new Moomba LS next week end. I plan on getting a big bow and just before pulling in the driveway I will put it on and give her this present. That will make her want to heal fast!!!!
PS I am having to stay at home with a sick child today! :?

kaneboats
03-06-2008, 10:41 AM
I am one of the fortunate who work from home. Sorry to hear about the sick little z. I have 6 little kanes so I empathize.

I was intrigued by your post about the air show. I definitely think we'll come down and check out your lake at some point this summer. This may be a dumb question, but can you see the show from the lake or is the event totally separate from any (fresh water) boating?

I'm looking for a trailer right now so if you run across anything let me know. I may have to go up near Atlanta myself to find something.

zegm
03-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Kane,

Thanks for the concern, he got that bad flu that is going around.
No you cannot see the show from Deerpoint, if you go to Google maps you can see that Deerpoint is seperated from North Bay by a dam. It used to be the Bay but with 3 creeks and springs feeding it they damned it up in the early 50s. You can see it from East Bay as the runways ends about a 1/4 or less from there, but then you are in saltwater. The show is awesome but you must get in early as it is a huge crowd. Luckily our friend is the intelligence officer of the 43rd fighter squadron and she gets us VIP passes. We get to park next to the flight line and have her take us around on a Golf cart all day. Last year we actually got to go down the the flight line and talk to the performing pilots as they came in!

Sled491
03-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Z any chance we could get this squadron of yours to pick us all up for the CWJ? Sure would make attendence easier 8)