PDA

View Full Version : couldn't wait forthe ice or the boat

yearround
03-03-2008, 05:32 PM
well, if it was as warm in Colorado as it is in other places, more of the water would be soft.

we couldn't wait any longer, so we went for a ride. most of the water was soft. the new LSV with the heater should be in this week. that will help the chill's after the ride. i just hope water opens up by the dealer so we can bring it home!
the water temp read 39, even in the ice.[/img]
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/ttduncan/IMG_5627.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/ttduncan/IMG_5609.jpg

she did this voluntarily! we did agree to pull her out fast if she went down.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/ttduncan/IMG_5657.jpg

BTW Zeg, for your wait, the spray date was Feb 6, it should be delivered to the dealer tomorrow (3/6) the kids are going crazy wondering when we can go get it. will certainly load up some pics when i can.

spyder
03-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Kneeboard? I hate those... They hurt....every part of you... :D

spyder
03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
oh BTW... that's crazy with the ice on the lake... your awesome!!!! :lol:

Sled491
03-03-2008, 07:17 PM
We're not Worthy

We're not Worthy

We're not Worthy

Year Round you are truely a die hard. My wife would never even consider going out and driving for me much less getting in with that backdrop :shock:

hiqualityH2O
03-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Dude that is hard core!! I'm guessin you didn't have to wait at the ramp long!

04OUTBACK
03-03-2008, 09:30 PM
MAD PROPS to Frozen Man! We were cold in 56 degree water/78 deg. air yesterday!
Sled said it correct.

ian ashton
03-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Forgive my ignorance; how/what were you using to pull with?

SanMarzano
03-03-2008, 09:55 PM
WOW HardCore!!!!!!

No way am i subjecting my boys to those conditions LOL

tazz3069
03-03-2008, 11:09 PM
That crazy. I could never get my wife to do that. As a matter of fact, she moved from Colorado to Las Vegas because of the weather. She gets cold when its 80 degrees outside. Ok a little extreme.

You have b&*s of steel.
Tazz

davidl
03-04-2008, 12:16 AM
All I can say is WOW. Does anyone feel a costanza coming on ? brrrrrr

zegm
03-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Year around WOW!
Can't say that I am that crazy, I was actually in the lake this weekend but in waders pulling up weeds in the canal.
Our spray date was the 26th so if your time is 4 weeks and I subtract a week of shipping you must endure from Ten. to Colorado then hopefully ours will be ready in 2 more weeks as the factory is only 5 hours away from our dealer!!!

GeauxTigers
03-04-2008, 11:26 AM
All I can say is WOW. Does anyone feel a costanza coming on ? brrrrrr

Shrinkage?

:lol:

GeauxTigers
03-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Z:
Did your wife have the surgery? How is she?

zegm
03-04-2008, 02:19 PM
We met with the doctor yesterday, she had one more painful test last week and after reviewing this he is ready to fuse 3 vertebrae together this Friday. She is actually happy to get on with it. The surgeon is a big time water skier himself and he promised she could be skiing in 2 months! She is happy about that but mostly just wants the pain to go away. I guess that is where the saying pain in the neck comes from!
Don't forget about our Chicken Wing Jamboree in PC!!! We are working on getting D.F. to come give a demonstration!!!

spyder
03-04-2008, 03:20 PM
We met with the doctor yesterday, she had one more painful test last week and after reviewing this he is ready to fuse 3 vertebrae together this Friday. She is actually happy to get on with it. The surgeon is a big time water skier himself and he promised she could be skiing in 2 months! She is happy about that but mostly just wants the pain to go away. I guess that is where the saying pain in the neck comes from!
Don't forget about our Chicken Wing Jamboree in PC!!! We are working on getting D.F. to come give a demonstration!!!

how do they fuse the spine? is it with screws.. or something more high tech?

bambam26
03-04-2008, 04:24 PM
They use screws and rods, along with bone from either cadaver's or your own usually from the hip area. That is how my Lower back was fused 6 years ago.......

Sled491
03-04-2008, 07:44 PM
"Costanza" I like that, funny :lol:

zegm
03-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Yes, they go through the front of the nect pushing the throat and other goodies to the side. They pull out the bad disc and insert a plastic spacer pushing the vertebrae back up into the normal spacing (she is shorter now by about 1/4" due to the worn out disc. Then they screw on a titanium bracket the front of the vertebrae in effect creating a bridge, in this case 3 vertebrae as she has 2 bad disc. The back of the spine is held in place by the facets (rectangular bones on the back of the spine) which is also one of the sources of pain as it is being bent beyond its normal range of motion. Once this is done they will use some bone from a cadaver and some stem cells to cause the vertebrae to fuse together. Her doctor doesn't use bone from the hip because he says this actually hurts worse to heal then the neck does. This takes about 2 months to completely fuse. She will have to wear a plastic neck brace anytime she is driving or doing anything that could cause her neck to move making sure it stays in correct position should she have to stop suddenly or if she was to get hit by another car. However while at home she will not have to wear it. Because of this I will have to drive to Atlanta by myself to get the boat. She doesn't need to be in a vehicle wearing this brace for 6 hours and you wouldn't want to take a chance of getting in an accident until it is healed. So I also get to break in the engine and in mid May she will be ready to go out in her new boat!!! Now I have to practice putting an inboard on and off the trailer, see the trailer post else where in this post. :wink:

tazz3069
03-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Z-- again, we all hope the surgery works out fine. We will keep her in our prayers. Hopes shes out on the water soon.. Think of it as physical theropy. Theropy she wouldn't mind doing. WATER SKIING.
Tazz

davidl
03-05-2008, 12:11 AM
ZEGM, 8 Months ago I had my c-4 c-5 fused. Plate and 2 screws. Went through the throat. All is well and I feel Great. Good luck to yours...David

zegm
03-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks guys! What we have found out lately is this is pretty common and knowing a few people around us that have had it done and feel great has helped her to relax about it! I will tell her your wishes!

yearround
03-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Good luck with the surgery on Mrs Z.

about the costanza effect, yeah it is scary real :shock: ! can't find things you are acustomed to easily locating.

that is my 13 yr old daughter on the water!

my first love (after wife, whom i will never have to correct while driving with the new PP) is skiing, but i can never give up the kneeboard. popping over the wake and landing on the back side is the smothest ride. also, i have given piggyback rides to my kids and others to help them get a feel for riding, then they have an idea of what the ride alone will feel like.

we were riding behind my buddies bayliner 'cuz we sold our old ride and are waiting for LSV to get in. (it should have arrived at the dealer today!) i think they have to put the tower on, clean up a few things and then we go for a lake test. so far, i have not heard of soft water near the dealer to test on. hope they get one soon!

we will be on it as soon as we can! we have a heater so the temp won't matter!

JesseC
03-05-2008, 01:07 AM
I too love to break out the kneeboard. we can actually go wake to wake at 75 feet!! When it gets too choppy for the wakeboard its time for wake to wake 3s on the kneeboard!!!

Chefwong
03-05-2008, 01:49 AM
At least you have some water! Here in Michigan it's still all ICE. So a couple weeks ago we had to get a summer fix in febuary.

Nothing like a 30MPH whip on a kneeboard in fresh powder!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/chefwong/IMG_0388.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/chefwong/IMG_0387.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/chefwong/IMG_0374.jpg

GeauxTigers
03-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys! What we have found out lately is this is pretty common and knowing a few people around us that have had it done and feel great has helped her to relax about it! I will tell her your wishes!

Z:
Best wishes on the surgery. The way doctor's work these days, it's amazing! I am sure she will come out with flying colors and she will be waterskiing before I am able to. My doctor is telling me at least 5 more weeks before I can do anything resembling strenous load on my shoulder.

scoot_gt
03-05-2008, 04:52 PM

...and the south gets stereotyped as red - haha - j/k Chefwong, I would have called next!

Q: What were the rednecks last words?
A: Hey ya'll - watch this!

ian ashton
03-05-2008, 05:08 PM
At least you have some water! Here in Michigan it's still all ICE. So a couple weeks ago we had to get a summer fix in febuary.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/chefwong/IMG_0388.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/chefwong/IMG_0387.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/chefwong/IMG_0374.jpg

Thats hilarious! What lake are you on? I'm hoping to keep my boat on Elizabeth Lake, or worst case Cass.

jmvotto
03-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Z,

Best wishes for your wifes back surgery. Hope for a speedy recovery.

JV

spyder
03-05-2008, 05:56 PM
My knee's are bad enough... Kneeboard is never a possibility for me!

Don't think it's as much fun as surfing or boarding though ;P

spyder
03-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes, they go through the front of the nect pushing the throat and other goodies to the side. They pull out the bad disc and insert a plastic spacer pushing the vertebrae back up into the normal spacing (she is shorter now by about 1/4" due to the worn out disc. Then they screw on a titanium bracket the front of the vertebrae in effect creating a bridge, in this case 3 vertebrae as she has 2 bad disc. The back of the spine is held in place by the facets (rectangular bones on the back of the spine) which is also one of the sources of pain as it is being bent beyond its normal range of motion. Once this is done they will use some bone from a cadaver and some stem cells to cause the vertebrae to fuse together. Her doctor doesn't use bone from the hip because he says this actually hurts worse to heal then the neck does. This takes about 2 months to completely fuse. She will have to wear a plastic neck brace anytime she is driving or doing anything that could cause her neck to move making sure it stays in correct position should she have to stop suddenly or if she was to get hit by another car. However while at home she will not have to wear it. Because of this I will have to drive to Atlanta by myself to get the boat. She doesn't need to be in a vehicle wearing this brace for 6 hours and you wouldn't want to take a chance of getting in an accident until it is healed. So I also get to break in the engine and in mid May she will be ready to go out in her new boat!!! Now I have to practice putting an inboard on and off the trailer, see the trailer post else where in this post. :wink:

Thanks for the information, that sounds like one gnarly surgery.