PDA

View Full Version : Boat Color Question

Hydrofoiljunky
03-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Did anyone in Moomba Land choose Platinum for one of their colors for their boat, I'm just curious as to what it looks like, It can be with any other color I'm not picky :wink: if you could post a picture here or PM me for my email address , I'd be greatly obliged. Thanks

Chad
"Eagerly awaiting Delivery of his 08' LS"

lanceswake
03-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey man sorry I can't help you on the color pics, but I'm happy to hear you've got a new LS on the way. Kick a$$!

Hydrofoiljunky
03-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Yah I'm pretty Psyched, it doesn't hurt as bad waiting for a boat to be built because all of our Lakes are still frozen so I couldn't use it even if I had it here. I still wish I would have made up my mind earlier though, so then I could just stare at it for a month or so in the garage.

Chad

bambam26
03-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Chad, look for DavidL's boat on here I believe his new one is Plat and Black. At least it looks like it to me. I might still have his e-mail he sent me and I will forward it to you if I do......Bam

lanceswake
03-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Chad

That's awesome dude! I just ordered an '08 LSV myself and I'm pretty stoked. I remember when I bought my Outback new in '05 I brought it home and parked it in the garage, then opened a cold beer and sat in it for an hour.

Membrain
03-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey lancewake,

I can one up that…we purchased our ‘04 LS new and when I got it home I did the same thing! I opened a cold beer and sit in it pretending to be driving just when my Landlord drove by and saw me. He laughed! We ordered an ’08 XLV GG, and will be here in two weeks! NO MORE FAT SACKS strewn around the boat...hallelujah

SanMarzano
03-01-2008, 08:17 PM
The dealer where I got my boat had a Plat and Red boat with a Plat Trailer. It looked sick. It was a toss up between that and all white. I went all White

zegm
03-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Congradulations Hydro! We ordered an LS back in January and it is being built as we speak. We hope to see it in the next couple of weeks. Luckily for us I won't have time to sit in it in the garage. I will be out on the lake breaking the motor in!

Hydrofoiljunky
03-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Speaking of breaking the motor in, what all is involved with that? Guys that have done it already please feel free to chime in.

Chad

lanceswake
03-01-2008, 09:09 PM
membrain

That's cool man. My LSV is supposed to get sprayed on April 9th. Congrats on the XLV. When I bring this one home I'm gonna sit in it for atleast two hours with a six pack in the garage. I think every man should do this with his boat when he first brings it home. It sort of consimates the relationship.

Membrain
03-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Amen brother!

deerfield
03-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Hydrofoil - Look at the Pride & Joy pictures I posted May 24 (last year) under the heading "2007 Moomba Outback." Scroll through them to the pictures of my boat. The deck is platinum, accent is red, and hull is black. - Deerfield

Sled491
03-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Funny end of winter seems to always bring out the break in discussion. The manual is pretty clear on break in. If you have any gearhead in you you'll know what to do. Just avoid WOT for the first while and any Extended WOT until about 10 hrs.

Hydrofoiljunky
03-02-2008, 12:22 PM
:) Yeah, please ignore my post about engine breakin everyone, I just found where you can download the manual on the Moomba website. I'm a little slow, but I will eventually get there.

Chad
"Happy Moomba-ing"

davidl
03-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Our boat is Sand Stone and Black, Pic look like platinum. We also were sitting in our boat last week (in the shop) dreaming about the lake!!!
Have fun/be real