PDA

View Full Version : Perfect pass

tazz3069
02-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I have an 07' LSV I would like to install a perfect pass system. How hard is it to install? Or should take it in to the dealship where I bought the boat?
Tazz

04OUTBACK
02-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Tazz.
Are the 07's throttle by wire? I think I remember reading on here last year that 07's were REAL easy to add to.. search around here and see...
I think it is almost plug and play....

JoeTechie
02-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Yup - Super easy install. About an hour from what has been posted here. Putting the gauge in the dash is actually now the harder part. I think that it is a cheaper version as well for fly-by-wire boats vs the older one with the servos and cables in the package.

-Joe

Sled491
02-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Should be easy for a contractor like yourself. Pull a speedo and put in the new pod your half way there.

tazz3069
02-29-2008, 08:38 PM
If it is so easy, I guess I can do it myself. I am doing everything on the boat myself right now. Does anybody know where I can get one of these and which one to buy. I was looking at the wakeboard Pro. It does both wakeboard and salom Skiing. Thanks everybody.

04OUTBACK
02-29-2008, 09:29 PM
I remember reading last year where you can easily call PP and order..

Sled491
02-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Tazz, the one that they sell as an upgrade and the one I bought is the Wakeboard pro. It is best suited for wakeboarding and boarding sports in general, and has usable but limited ski functions. But as we are a ski family and have no complaints you would probably be good to go as well. Also as stated you can probably buy direct. As an option it was like 1200.00 but I've heard you can buy direct for about 900.00

tazz3069
03-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks guys. That is next on my list. Right now, I just ordered a custon light/ speaker bar for the boat.

NCSUmoomba
03-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Perfect Pass is easy to install, I put Wakeboard Pro on my 2001 Outback. Perfect Pass is also great to deal with over the phone if you have any questions. I had some diffuculty calibrating my slalom settings and they walked me right through it. I ordered mine directly from them and it was right around $1100 for the complete kit including everything down to the wire ties.

tlatoani
03-01-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm debating the wakeboard pro vs the stargazer myself. Any input? We'll mostly be wakeboarding/surfing, but with some skiing mixed in. It's only 200ish difference if I recall correctly.

Sled491
03-01-2008, 05:27 PM
The stargazer has been debated on this board in the past. If I recall correctly it wasn't yet available for the SC family of boats. But my opinion is that when available it would be a kick a@# set up as it works off of GPS where as PP just uses yours for set up and then goes off of the calibrated speed after that.

kayjayfech23
03-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I have an 07 LSV and I really hate the EZ Cruise, it never holds speed on slight turns and I always have to reset it when skiier falls and starts over....thinking about installing the Wakeboard Pro PP buy ordering direct and installing myself....any thoughts?

tazz3069
03-05-2008, 12:27 AM
There was a member on here on the Wakebording Blog. He said that the LSV is prewired for it all ready. Its basically plug and play. I need to check this out myself. Everybody also is saying, it is very easy to install. I will be ordering mine very soon. I will also be doing the install. My dealership wants too much money plus the drive to get there.
Tazz

zegm
03-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Tazz,

Remember we do our own work!!!! Ok don't let the dealers see that! :roll:

tazz3069
03-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Zegm--
You are 100% right. I do not let anyone touch my bout. You should see it right now. I have wires all over the place. She is getting a face lift. New stereo system, new amp rack, new light/speaker bar, and new decals. I guess I needed something to do this winter.

By the way how is your wife doing. I mean with the surgery and all.
Tazz

zegm
03-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Tazz,

Surgery is scheduled for Friday and she is ready and eager to get her the pain out of her neck. Somewhere in the post I described the procedure if you can find it. I think under trailering.

Thanks for asking!
Don't forget the Chicken Wings Jamboree!!!

tazz3069
03-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Good luck with the surgery. Keep us posted. Let her know the Moomba family is behind her.
Tazz

Sled491
03-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Just checked out PP stargazer, I like it! It seems I could buy the upgrade for about $400. I will wait a bit as it is just scheduled to hit the marker now, but is definately going in the right direction.

I could be wrong but this system seems more geared to slalom skiiers.

tlatoani
03-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Just checked out PP stargazer, I like it! It seems I could buy the upgrade for about $400. I will wait a bit as it is just scheduled to hit the marker now, but is definately going in the right direction.

I could be wrong but this system seems more geared to slalom skiiers.

I kind of got that impression too, but I don't see that it lacks any features for wakeboarding. I figure if I'm going to get one at all I might as well go for it.

kayjayfech23
03-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey everyone,

I just ordered the new Wakeboard Pro and apparently it is plug-n-play. I will get it Wednesday and install it...I will let you know. I also custom made my own wind block (windstopper) out of plex-glass...I will have pics on Saturday.

tazz3069
03-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Let us know how it goes. I was told that you need to disconnect the Moomba Cruise. Was this told to you?

GeauxTigers
03-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Hey everyone,

I just ordered the new Wakeboard Pro and apparently it is plug-n-play. I will get it Wednesday and install it...I will let you know. I also custom made my own wind block (windstopper) out of plex-glass...I will have pics on Saturday.

Kayjay... real interested in the windblocker project. Please post details as soon as you can.
Thanks,
Al

cptmoomba
03-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Tazz,

Yes you have to disconnect the Moomba Cruise. That harness just tucks away in exchange for harness attached to it. This plugs into the PP module, then the module (which I mounted on the foot board) has a harness that connects to the back of the perfect pass 5 inch gauge. The only other step is to place a terminating plug on the harness that is free and usually clipped next to the oil drainage tube and the computer module.

If you tell the PP rep what year you have, I believe they will match the guage color. The one I had on my 07 was white with Moomba and its logo on the face as well as the Moomba splash screen at startup.

tazz3069
03-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Thank You.

tazz3069
03-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Thank You.

Sled491
03-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Ya that's a nice feature or perk with the PP is the matching Moomba logo on the startup, very nice finishing touch in my opinion.