PDA

View Full Version : Dead battery? 05 Mobius LSV help please!

imadrummer44
02-25-2008, 10:12 PM
So right now I think we may have a dead battery, but not sure. I turned on the stereo and i'm only getting the 6 factory speakers to work and the tower speakers and subs won't give out sound. I don't think it's the stereo because i turned on the accessory switches and the lights wouldn't turn on nor will the guage backlight turn on. A few days ago all mentioned above worked fine, and both times the boat was out of water so the engine wasn't running. It only has 99 hours and it was run a few weekends ago and i only had the stereo on for about an hour without the engine on, but the subs, amps and other speakers were all working. I think i may have drained the battery? Please help!! Thanks.

smokedog2
02-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Yea, with one battery all that stuff drails them quickly without the engine.

charge it and try again.

Will the engine turn?

imadrummer44
02-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Well, yeah we did turn it twice. We didn't let it start obviously, but we (my dad and I) both noticed that it sounded very weak, nothing like it should sound like. It just sounded like there wasn't enough power or battery to power up the engine. I'm thinking it's just a very low battery. Thanks man

Membrain
02-25-2008, 11:02 PM
In our old ’04 Mobius, we had two Kicker amps. One for the Sub, and the other for the rest of the speakers. If we turned the stereo on without the boat running, the battery would go dead within 15 minutes! Following a theft that took both amps, the sub, capacitor, and two speakers, I had it replaced with a 5-way “Precision” amp! I only ran one battery with this boat, and had NO issues with low battery, even after running it all afternoon without starting the boat. Might check it out? This amp is way too awesome!