PDA

View Full Version : Buuild Time

zegm
02-25-2008, 07:26 PM
OK the whole family has a question and I cannot find the answer so maybe someone here knows? Our boat is schduled to be started tomorrow and what we all want to know is how long does it take to build at the factory??
:roll:

qb12
02-25-2008, 08:56 PM
from what i have been told, somewhere around labor day :shock: kidding.

from what i was told around 3 weeks, then of course having the boat shipped from the factory to the dealer and then probably a few more days for them to go over everthing and detail that bad boy.

Jon
02-25-2008, 09:54 PM
It takes 5 to 6 days to build the boat. Depending on the dealer it might take a week to get the boat in. After that the dealer should be able have it prepped in a day or so as long as nothing major is scheduled to be installed. Your dealer should be able to track the boat's progress day by day.

zegm
02-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Jon,

I called my salesman today but he is off! They start on the boat tomorrow and when I checked my notes from our last conversation he said "Spray date on Feb. 25 boat to be ready by March 3 or 4th! I have not spoken to him for a month and now after what you say it must mean it will be completed around March 4th "at the factory". Then it is a 5 hours ride to the dealership! Maybe we can get her by March 8th!

zegm
02-26-2008, 12:51 PM
I spoke to the dealership today and they said that most likely the boat would be ready by March 15th for pickup!

Sled491
02-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Z, if you keep this up your going to give yourself some kind of thingy :lol:

zegm
02-26-2008, 10:13 PM
I had to call them today to try to work around G's surgery. She won't be able to go and co-sign anything so it all needs to be done before the boat gets to the dealer.

zegm
02-26-2008, 11:23 PM
OK OK I have to defend myself, here is another lame excuse! yeah we all know that us Florida folks sometimes bash the others whose water is solid at this time of the year. For us it is the time of the year to fix the docks and sea walls and do some maintenance on the canals. I was in waders this weekend dragging floating grass islands to the shore to be disposed of. But what else do I see and hear for the last few weeks!!! Boats haulin but all over the lake, sure mostly they are bass boats out fishing but still I sit there and watch them and wish..................I wish My Moomba was here I would love to show everyone what an awesome boat I am going to have!!! Come on 2 1/2 more weeks!!!!! Help me out Bambam!!!!

GeauxTigers
02-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Zegm:
I can describe the pickup day as orgasmic! What surgery is your better half getting. I just had my left rotator cuff scraped and repaired screwed, tied etc. last Wednesday. Check up at the doc today basically puts me out 4 more weeks before intensive rehab can begin. Only mild movement allowed right now. I hope to be ready to roll by April 19th when we plan our first trip to Lake Powell!!! It will be cutting it close but by then I should have a full 4 weeks of intense rehab. Good luck with the missus.

zegm
02-26-2008, 11:33 PM
She had been having neck pain for the last few years. I finally told her to go see a doctor. WOW after an MRI and X-rays and some other test now she know what a pain in the neck is! She has one disc that is almost gone and the one below it is ruptured. Yeah she crashed on her KTM200 a few times, yeah she never could quite pull of trying a flip on her kneeboard and instead landed on her head and yeah she has gotten kicked in the head while sparring at Taekwondoe. But the cool thing is the surgeon that is going to fuse her next has a Nautique and his own ski course behind his house!!! He knows how much she likes to ski the course so he is going to fix her up (fuse two vertebrae together) and have her back on her ski by the summer!!! I will have to break the boat in before then though!

GeauxTigers
02-26-2008, 11:37 PM
I will have to break the boat in before then though!

Tough job but someone has to do it!
Best wishes!

bambam26
02-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Z, Oh my you seem to be having a hard time with the wait! Like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.LOL. Well I understand, especially since you have great weather and water year round, I would be taking meds by now in your situation! I was told a date and then didn't question it, when the boat arrived 3 weeks early it was a nice surprise. It will be here before you know it! On the issue of your wifes surgery, I had my 3,4 and 5 lumbar fused 6 years ago. I was told I would never be a fireman again, well I was back on the job in 6 months after the surgery. I did everything I was told to do, exercised and did the therapy and took it easy. I am better now then before. So I guess I am saying tell your wife to follow the Doc's orders and be careful during the healing and she will be just fine! Tell her good luck from Bambam and my family A.K.A (THE CREW)

Sled491
02-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Z,

bad news dude. I was just on a thread and it turns out that the SC people spend all day reading our jokes and listening to our useless rants. It might be a while sorry :lol:

zegm
02-27-2008, 11:48 PM
BamBam, Thanks I will pass along your kind words!!!!
Today I felt a little better just thinking that the hull is curing in the mold!
Sled, I did a little research tonight and found out that that you rated at number 11 of all time postings!!! I am close behind at 13th!!! I just pasted Brian Raymond from SC. So yeah they might actually know us!!!! HEY but everything I HAVE said is good!!!! I mean I could be a poster boy for these guys!

Had to say that in case anyone was listening! :roll:

Sled491
02-28-2008, 08:16 AM
Wow, I would have never thought, cool 8)

JoeTechie
02-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Zeg - you are #1 in posts per day percentage!!! Far beyond Ed, Butta, Smoke or myself.

I think the nervous rapid positng of an expectant father is helping that # climb rapidly. We can however look forward too a lul in your postings in 3 weeks. You'll be too busy using the new toy to come near a pc!

:)

-Joe (#4 in postings)

p.s. your cheeks will hurt from smiling so much the day it arrives... mine did.

zegm
02-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks Joe,

You have just confired what my wife has been telling me too!!!
And I am sure you will be correct and it will slow down when she gets here!

Z

04OUTBACK
02-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Interesting.. #10...
Who says that Zegm will not add as many posts after he gets his LS on the water? He'll be sleeping with it a few nights a week....

zegm
02-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Thats true we are wireless here at the house and I will just have to take the laptop out there with me! There is enough room in it for the whole family to sleep!
However we are all still a long way from EdG and Butta!!!!

Sled491
02-29-2008, 10:26 PM
You know the funny thing is that you should probably have more to talk about after it shows up. Plus once the season starts to roll you'll be on the ski and boarding sites with stories and questions.

Besides your wife is always giving you heck for being on the computer. How many times has she accused you of sending me books in your emails.

PS now #9

zegm
03-01-2008, 12:02 AM
I am sure I will have more to say when the boat shows up! :D I know I will, have to make sure the digital camera battery is fully charged!

Yeah she might give me a little grief now but I am sure she is happy that I am on the web with a bunch of cool guys that share an interest and love for the same things rather than lets say..............a chat line with chicks! 8)

Sled you are smoking the post up lately!! You were only about 20 or so ahead of me now its 50 more! I guess when you are away from home that is better than being............................on a chat line with chicks! :wink:

Sled491
03-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Z you couldn't be more correct. As was pointed out by Joe T and is also part of my theory. Every one is really getting the bug bad right now, with new boats coming and current boats just waiting to hit the water. The season is so close we can smell it. For some closer than others. I predict it's going to be a good year on the lake and on the board. Hopefully we have a little more action from the waterski members this year.

Besides most of those chat rooms are dudes pretending to be chicks :shock:

Trying to hook up with Butta for a beer tonight as we are only a couple minutes apart. This should lead to some interesting posts 8)