PDA

View Full Version : 99 mobius dual battery upgrade

99moomba99
02-25-2008, 10:46 AM
I have a 99 Mobius and I also have a 1000w stereo system that my current battery just cannot handle. I have installed a second battery just for all the electronics saving the primary battery for ignition as well as the MDC unit. My question is this: is it easier to go with the multi battery switch or an isolator. If I understand correctly, The switch only switches between batteries so when one is dead I would switch to the other??? What if I need to use both batteries together ie; one for electronics and the other for ignition. If I put the switch to "both" wouldn't I be running everything at 24 volts? I have a good understanding of electrical systems I would just like some advice as to which way to go while being able to use both batteries at the same time. (not in parrallel of course) Thanks...

zabooda
02-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Easier, go with the electronic switching (battery isolator) as it does everything for you. If you want cheaper then the manual (Perko) switch. I prefer the method in my motorhome and that is a on/off toggle switch to a relay that you can turn on and off when you want and hooked to the ignition so it isolates when the power is turned off. RV stores have the relay.