PDA

View Full Version : What a day!

bambam26
02-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Well it was a perfectly beautiful day here in the Pacific NW, we took the new LS out for some breakin hours. I was a bit nervous during unloading and the loading process. LOL... But the boat ran beautifuly it had a little of that new motor smell however, LOL... This picture is with the plate up and the ballast empty. We are on Mason Lake Washington...........
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9523/016wi0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

kaneboats
02-24-2008, 12:38 AM
'Tis the season. Almost. In N. Fla. we are raring to go. I can feel your excitement. I had no calls for 3 weeks on my old outboard boat and today several calls. The spring fever is catching. I can't believe you can run already in Wash.

tazz3069
02-24-2008, 11:34 AM
I am jealous. Look at that water. Here in
vegas, it is still cold. March is the begining of the season for us. I just hope the water leval increases and the water is smooth. Lake Mead if very unpredictable.
Tazz

bambam26
02-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Trust me guys it was colder then you know what! Heaters worked great though, and it didnt matter as the sun was beautiful! I want the boat to be broke in before the good weather arrives so I can get behind it!

zegm
02-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks Bambam!
I know you took that picture for my wife the slalom skier. That wake looks like it will be no problem for her going through the course!
This Tuesday they spray the hull!!! Anyone know what kind of time the boat takes in the factory?

Sled491
02-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Z remember the wake gets flatter as you drop in the wakeplate. As far as assembling your boat, whatever the time frame is, it will still be too long for you:lol:

bambam26
02-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Z, believe it or not I acually was thinking of you when I took the pic! I dont know why but figured you would like to see what it was like for skiing................

zegm
02-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Sled,

you are 100% correct I OK we cannot wait. But we might have a problem here, G is scheduled for a Doctors visit on March 10 and she might have surgery to fuse her next very soon after that. I might be traveling solo to get the boat if the timing of everything comes together at the same time. I know she won't be happy about that but I will stop and purchase a big bow and put it on just before I drive up to the house and present her a birthday/get well present. At least she has been told by the surgeon (a big time waterskier himself) that she will be able to continue her love of skiing after she gets better.

zegm
02-24-2008, 11:21 PM
ok I meant neck not next

tazz3069
02-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Send G our best. Hope everything goes well with the surgery. Keep us posted.
Tazz

zegm
02-25-2008, 07:50 AM
I will tell her!!!
Thank you!!!
She is so ready to get this over with so that she can return to all of her sports, including skiing down the course.

Miller_Time
02-25-2008, 12:53 PM
This isn't fair haha, We've got another month until the freezing temps are gone! Its killing me to look at these pictures with our LSV sitting in storage :( Btw great looking boat, water conditions don't look too bad either!

RPE_LSV
02-25-2008, 01:10 PM
bambam,

do you boat on mason lake? my buddy owns a house (i'm sorry...shack) on Mason Lake and we spend a week there every summer. it has some of the flatest water. especially during the week when everyone is at work!

here's a pic of us last summer at 9 in the morning and that water was B.E.A. utiful.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j231/redmiston01/HPIM0558_633x480.jpg

bambam26
02-25-2008, 01:36 PM
RPE_LSV
Yes Mason lake outside of Belfair Washington, the weekdays do have some awesome water. Your friend has a place on the lake? Does he live in Wa or Oregon? I am looking for a place to Dock if he may be interested in renting his dock space........... RPE,Sent you a PM.

RPE_LSV
02-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Ed, that's my cousins dog. (the one who's feeding him) I've never seen a dog that loves the water more than him. He'll spend hours running off that dock and diving into the water for his toys. It's hilarious to watch. And yes, he's a very good dog.

zabooda
02-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Bam,
I spend some time at Belfair myself. I have a friend on Trails End that I sold my old boat to (1979 gold metalflake Glastron Carlson) and we take it out on Hood Canal. He mentions Mason Lake is too busy on weekends to do any decent skiing. I used to work at the Shipyard and we get together to boat and mountain bike. I'd like to hook up with you sometime when I make it over.

bambam26
02-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Zabooda, I would like that. I have found that the lake is great during the week. On weekends it can get a bit crowded. I work for the Navy as a firefighter(civilian) at Keyport. Give me a call sometime if your over here......360-620-6587

kaneboats
02-26-2008, 09:37 AM
So cool to see fellow owners gettin' together, sharin' knowledge, lookin' out for each other. Gotta love this forum. Zegm- said a prayer for your wife. Hope everything goes extremely well with her (and the new ride-- I think the big bow is a great idea).