PDA

View Full Version : emailing SC

tazz3069
02-21-2008, 11:30 PM
On a few different occasions, I have tried to contact SC in regards to decals, general questions, and now the under driver seat storage. I have yet received a response. Is there anyother way to contact them? Should I go through my dealership? Should I sell the boat and get a Master Craft. JUST KIDDING. I will never by a different manufacture. Can someone help me contact SC.
Tazz

spyder
02-22-2008, 12:08 AM
there was a problem with their email address listed on the site, you may need to contact them again.. or maybe try calling them.

tazz3069
02-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks guys, I will try again.

JesseC
02-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Or just give them a call! I spoke with Brian Raymond (Technical Support) 2-3 times last week. They have to be the nicest people I have EVER dealt with. Brian is very patient with me explaining how to do things and even sending me the instructions. I really appreciate him taking out time to talk with me, heck he has gone into the factory more than once to take pictures of a part or get part numbers off of a box to help me out! The people at skiers choice are top notch. If I had any type of issue whether it be a dealer, service at dealer or anything that has to do with the word Moomba, I would contact them without hesitation. I believe they can resolve 100% of the issues that get stalled in email or stuck with a dealership without any hesitation.

tazz3069
02-22-2008, 05:15 PM
I email Anthony this morning. He called me back in about 30 min. Very nice person. I had asked him if they make the storage box for the LSV. Unfortuneatly, they do not. Thanks for your help.

phenom_1819
02-22-2008, 10:43 PM
I sent a PM with some thoughts about the website, specifically combining the moomba and supra communities for some Skier's Choice love... I hope I didn't come across as know-it-all, I just see a lot of action (and community) on this site, and very little on Supra -- and since Supra owners linger here anyway, seems like a good opportunity to me for Supra owners and for Skiers Choice. I've spent a lot of time in boating forums (especially with my last boat, a Toyota, the community is all the support we had)... the lack of a Supra community was my number 1 biggest concern. I ended up in a Supra anyway, but it almost was enough to sway me away (sorry if I offend any Supraboats.com people...that's just how I see it).

Anyway, I didn't hear a response -- which I was bummed about. But I would love to see more action on the Supra site, or see the two sites combined -- since it's already about Skiers Choice love, right?? :D

bambam26
02-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Cal, I have noticed that also. I have been over to the Supra site and there is very little activity? I think putting the 2 together to make a SC site would be awesome. The more the merrier! I enjoy both site's but there is way more happening on the moomba site. :lol:

zegm
02-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Well the way I see it Doctors and Lawyers and Corporate Leaders are just too busy to be playing around with a bunch of smart value oriented people like us! :lol:

Buttafewcoe
02-23-2008, 05:37 AM
At the sandbar on Lake Hickory, we have a couplle Supras. Very nice, beautiful crafts. They look at me poor lil OB from about 30 yds away and wave hi. About as social as they seem to get tho.
B

zegm
02-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Last weekend I found that we had a Ski Nautique dealer here. OK he has a small hidden shop but he was exceptionally nice and helpful. He stocks several inboard products and skiing goodies. He was working on several Nautiques, winter service etc. He would tell me yeah that one is Surgeon Reeds, that one is Doctor such and such, that one is that Lawyer such and such. It is obvious that most inboards are targetted for this income class or why would anyone spend that much money for a 22 foot boat. Now I am not saying I am poor my wife and I are both engineers and do OK. But it is this middle middle class that I see SC aiming Moombas at. And it makes sense there are more of us then the Lawyers and Doctors etc. So the gross margin on the Supra is probably high and they sell a few, the margin on the Moomba is lower but they sell many!

jmvotto
02-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey, isn't about how much fun you have in the boats and what you can throw down behind behind them. Plus moomba "no woories" is much cooler name than supra as well as x star, etc.(JK) we also have the ROO the extra value allows you to try other things like wake skates, wakesurf.etc.custom stereos, cool stuff.

Like my chevy tahoe, whens the last time saw an escalade or BMW x5 get muddy????

my worthless two cents.

I agree with ED G leave the two sites alone, this site is for the enthusiast who love to make their boats thiers with their own blood,sweat & tears.

tazz3069
02-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Very True Zegm. My sister-in-law's friend purchased a Malibu. With everything on it, he paid around $95,000.00 for it. That is more than what I paid for my motorhome. I agree with the money situation. The Moomba is an afordable boat. It has everything that the other manufactures offer at a lessor price. People are paying for the name. Look at all the advertisement they put out. Then need to pay for it someway. Let me tell you, I was torn before I made the purchase. I wanted a Master Craft, Tigre, Malibu. When I saw the price, I walked away from the idea of buying a boat. When I went tot he Los Angeles boat show and saw the Moomba, I was in love. My wife and I saved our money and made our purchase las year. We are not millionaires either. My wife is a 1st grade teacher and I own a new small electrical company. For the money, you can get everything on the boat for less than a stock Master Craft. When you add all bells and whistles, the price jumps up through the roof. I paid $42,000 for my boat and it has everything. The only thing I did not get was the upgraded stereo system. I am doing that myself. If I ever upgrade, it will definitly be a Moomba.
Tazz

zegm
02-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Ok JM watch the BMW stuff! :lol:
My wife and I have owned Chevy Crew Cabs, Avalanches and now an extended Cab Silverado. But my baby is my 1997 BMW 540i 6-speed!!!!
I have owned BMW's for 20 years but have never bought a new one! Can't afford that either, instead I take advantage of the American mindset "well it has 100k miles time to let it go!" I look for ones with 80 to 100k and get them at 1/3rd the price new. (These engines easily go over 200k with no problems, I had one with 350k on it!) And then I drive them for another 120k miles with never a problem. It doesn't hurt that I am an automotive engineer and work on my own rides, cars, boats etc. because BMW's biggest enemy in this country is their service dept!!!!

phenom_1819
02-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Ed, no worries ;) -- I don't take it personal and understand.

If you want to try to champion something for this board - work on getting us a wakesurfing forum.

That was in there...! :) I think the discussion topics need to be more targeted at activities, rather than question type. And there are some that aren't needed -- like "boat owners". Whether you are on this site and are a boat owner or not is really irrelevant -- you're going to want experience from boat owners anyway.

And this was not directed at me, but you all might want to consider whether you are making assumptions based on perceptions, though... I'm sure as heck not a doctor or lawyer, and I would never snub somebody who has the same passion as I do. (EDIT: Unless that boater is doing something to give the rest of us a bad name, or are doing something that might endanger me or my crew...)

I do completely agree that either you are a forum user, or you're not. The crowd would not change if it were one site or two -- there would just be more discussion, IMO. It seems to be the same Supra-owners using both sites, anyway.

zegm
02-23-2008, 02:43 PM
phenon,

I would feel safe to say that there is NO HARD DATA to support my perceptions. And it just might be that SC marketing does have such data. But based on my subjective experience Inboard ski boats are NOT targeted at the middle middle class. What I see on this site are people that are passionate about their boats and that is why I come here. No I don't own a Moomba yet, just a very old MasterCraft but from what I learned on this site in the last few months I know I made the correct choice!

zegm
02-23-2008, 02:59 PM
I knew you were cool Ed!

zegm
02-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Gosh I feel guilty not writing about ski boats.....yeah I got my first BMW in 1984 and have driven them ever since. My wife did buy a 1982 Porsche 911 SC a few years ago and only sold it when she couldn't get 2 baby seats that would fit in it. I will never forget the tears running down her face when it drove away. But my point is I hated them too but what could I say it was her car not mine. Well I used to beg her to let me drive that thing!!! One day when the little ones are a little older (8 & 10 now) we will get another 911!

kaneboats
02-24-2008, 02:01 AM
You guys have been watching too many soap operas. On TV, even the med interns and state's attorneys eat at fancy restaurants and wear $1500 suits. Believer it or not, not all medical doctors and lawyers make the big bucks. For every big shot doc there are a bunch of guys and gals in scrubs driving Mom's old car and working in ER's to pay their bills with no hope of getting a Moomba or any other inboard, much less having time to go out on it. For every big shot lawyer there are 30 or 40 or even 50 guys working in state jobs, for the attorney general, the state's attorney, the public defender, or for big firms that don't let most associates ever become partners. Just so you know, the state's attorney's office starts at around $28-35k in most states. With 3% raises you can be rich in about 100 years.

To those guys, if you own a small business you are RICH and have control of your life. All these guys see is endless debt and people telling them what to do and what to think. But, at church or school or wherever when the wife mentions that hubby is a lawyer they wonder why you don't have a Mercedes and vacation in Hawaii every year.

I'm a lawyer with 6 kids that took 10 years to pay off law school debt and just got into my first Moomba (8 y/o) only because a cash strapped guy needed money in January. I know the guy at the boat store isn't going to tell you about the PLUMBER that has a fancy 2008 Malibu. But, if he's got his own shop his chances are better than most of the lawyers out there.