PDA

View Full Version : Do the LSV's come pre waxed?

chillyx
02-15-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm trying to find out if waxing the boat prior to shipment is standard for the factory to do. Does anyone know??

Thanks
Chris

zegm
02-15-2008, 08:38 PM
My best bet on that would be NO! There is no way they can ship a boat across the country of even down the street to the dealer without it getting dirty. I would see that as being a part of the boat prep from the dealer.
I am also wondering if you are supposed to wax the boat for a certain amount of time after it has been pulled from the mold due to the fact there might still be some curing still going on with the fiberglass?

MasterMind3002
02-15-2008, 09:42 PM
My boat came shrink wrapped last year. My dealer waxes my boat prior to delivery.

maxpower220
02-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Perhaps someone from the factory will give a definitive answer. Prior to a gelcoat being sprayed in, the mold must be "waxed" with a releasing agent. It is usually made a similar products as wax. Once the hull is released from the mold, someone is using a buffer to clean the hull from this agent. It would be good to know what they use to clean the hull after mold release, but probably some type of wax/cleaner.

Sled491
02-16-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm curious :?