PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while

MOOMBA_97
02-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Been a while since I've done any posting here. Can't belive I even remembered my password. I bought Waterboys old ride last February. Was supposed to make it to the jamboree but due to numerous things ( sick baby several days before leaving and the wife being sent unexpectedly to Chicago for work that week) we had to cancel. I am looking forward to making it this time. Hope to see Waterboy again and actually meet the soon to be if not already legendary Ed G. Boat ran flawlessly last year. I changed the graphics to '07 (what I call the "hurricane" decals) which really look good. Where we boat it has been called one of the prettiest on the water. Hope to post a pic soon if I can figure it out. Anyway, wanted to say hello again and certainly hope to see and meet everyone this April or May.

Monty

moombadaze
02-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Monty, hope you can make it down-this could be a big year for the jamboree, and dont forget there's talk of one in atlanta also--you could get to both.

stacy

MOOMBA_97
02-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Boat is holding up and running great. We boat on a semi-private 500 acre lake right across the GA/FL line that is spring feed, which means no dirty water. It is one of 3 Moomba's and one of 2 yellow boats so it does stand out. Upgraded the stereo to Polk Audo, added another amp and rear sub. I think I'm going to change out the bimini top to yellow this spring. It does alot of tube pulling now with a 2 year old in tow. Thinking about a boom and trying to get him out on a ski skimmer this year.

I read on the boards about Brian having some problems with management there. I hate to hear that. Brian is a great person and an assest anywhere he goes. Please tell him hello and ole yella is being well cared for.

We are smack dab in the middle between Clermont and Atlanta so 2 jamboree's is possible. Guess I need to repack those trailers bearings.

Monty

kaneboats
02-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Monty- Welcome back! I'm brand new here after switching from an outboard a couple weeks ago. I'm way at the N. end of Tallahassee.

I'm thinking of hitting one or both of those Jamborees too. Sounds like a heckuva lot of fun. Maybe I'll see you out somewhere this season. I usually run the Flint out of downtown Bainbridge.

zegm
02-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Kaneboats,

Welcome! We live in Panama City and have ordered a new Moomba LS that is due in mid March. Currently we have a very old MasterCraft we use on Deerpoint here in PC. We often go kayaking on Lake Seminole, have you taken your boat out there?

kaneboats
02-16-2008, 02:14 AM
Haven't been down that far. I moved here about 4 years ago from Chicago area. We went down to the Ochlocknee River State Park for almost 2 seasons before we discovered the Flint. I run up 27 to Bainbridge (38 min. from my house to ramp) and usually go north from there for smooth water and great skiing/boarding. I'll have to run over by PC one weekend this summer-- my brother's family has a condo down there so my wife and the little kids can do a short day and hang out with them by the beach or something.

You were the one that told me about the trouble light. Had to use your idea the last two nights. Just a little cold. I've only had the Outback for 2 weeks but I've been working on steadily to get ready for the season. Put my tower on last weekend. Thanks for all your help and kind words!

MOOMBA_97
02-16-2008, 10:23 AM
You guys are talking about things dear to my heart. I grew up on Lake Seminole. Learned to swim and ski on that lake ( back in the late 70's). We still have a house there and try to stay a few weekends out of the year. The weeds have just gotten so bad. Hard to belive when I was a kid they were really not that big a deal.

We do still boat on the Flint in Bainbridge from time to time. We hope this year to do a little more there. Our other lake is just so much closer. I actually chase bad guys for a living with a State agency and I am assigned to Bainbridge/Decatur County.

Kane, what kind of boat/color do you have so I can look for you? We will be on either a yellow Outback LS or my buds blue/white Supra Launch. We are thinking about doing a ride next month from the boat basin to Jack Wingate's for lunch or dinner.

Monty

kaneboats
02-16-2008, 10:37 AM
I have a dark blue 2000 Outback LS with a black tower and FL registration. I haven't seen one like it near Bainbridge.

You may have seen me out before in my off-white Sunbird 17' outboard with a real high tan bimini and a homemade sky pole. Usually about 8 little kids hanging off it.

We have not been out in th Outback yet. I've only had a test run. The family wasn't with me so they are anxious to go out. A couple of weeks and we are going to have to at least go for a little ride. I don't know Wingate's; is it on Lake Seminole?

kaneboats
02-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Shoot, that reminds me. My Sunbird is for sale. It's a very clean '97 with a 115 Evinrude -- good enough to sell to a family member. If you know anyone, kindly point them to:

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/boa/575720547.html

Thanks!

bamaspiveys
02-16-2008, 12:16 PM
You guys are talking about things dear to my heart. I grew up on Lake Seminole. Learned to swim and ski on that lake ( back in the late 70's). We still have a house there and try to stay a few weekends out of the year. The weeds have just gotten so bad. Hard to belive when I was a kid they were really not that big a deal.

We do still boat on the Flint in Bainbridge from time to time. We hope this year to do a little more there. Our other lake is just so much closer. I actually chase bad guys for a living with a State agency and I am assigned to Bainbridge/Decatur County.

Kane, what kind of boat/color do you have so I can look for you? We will be on either a yellow Outback LS or my buds blue/white Supra Launch. We are thinking about doing a ride next month from the boat basin to Jack Wingate's for lunch or dinner.

Monty

Boy you guys are bringing back some memories.

I grew up on Lake Seminole in the 80s, they were really fighting hydrilla when I moved away. Still have some friends on the lake, but have not been back in nearly 10 years.

Skied on the Flint too, even did a few barefoot ski shows in the Bainbridge boat basin, in the early 90s. Hadn't thought about that in a long time.

MOOMBA_97
02-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Bama,
You don't happen to know "Peanut" Enfinger? He was the man at barefooting. We used to ski with him when he broke both arms backwards footing.

Kane,
Wingate's is a few miles (maybe 10?) south of Bainbridge on the Flint. You just have to be careful if you go too far north of Bainbridge there are rocks there as my old outboard can testify to.

bamaspiveys
02-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Hell yea I know Peanut. He was one of the guys in our footing group. He was married to Lisa at the time. I was gone by the time he took that fall, but I heard about it. I think he had the MC BF200 by then.

I'll drop a few other people we may know in common:

Ricky Faircloth
Bob Keane
Alex Jernigan (lives on the channel outside the park, first house on the left headed toward the river) Red and White Master Craft

If you are in law enforcement you may know Charles Hall, last time I saw him he was a State Trooper in Thomasville, but he grew up on the lake too.

What a Small World.

bobwells
02-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Yall are jarring loose some memories from way back for me. Back sometime in the mid-'80's I had a little v-bottom Kennedy Craft, light laid up racing hull with a 135 short shaft merc. would run about 75mph top end.
My cousin John McCall from Thomasville area had some kid he knew back then that barefooted, and asked me to pull him in a barefoot race. They had us run in like a quarter mile stretch on the flint or flint basin, (been a long time and I was bad to fog my brain back then) any way we won! made a pass at like 66-68 mph with I think.. a guy named randy behind boat barefooting. I remember the local law enforcement gave me a ticket for something? cost me something like $200.00 to go home, something bout my boat not being legal :wink: anyway the barefooter got a trophy, and me and the girl spotting for us got a T-shirt. anyway thanks for the memory, lot of stuff sleeping up there in this ol noggin :?

MOOMBA_97
02-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Known Alex J. for over 20 years, way back to his GTO days. Still has the MC. Bob Keene is a very good friend of mine. Lives here in T'ville. Before the his Nautique we used to ski on the old hydrostream. Did not know Ricky real well, but Charles is also a good friend. Like you said, a small world.

Bob,
those Kennedy Craft were mean, but quite a handful. I've still got a Mariner 2.5 on my hydrosport outside but don't even run it anymore. More fun to sit around and talk about it rather than "drive thru the chine" as they used to say.

Monty

bobwells
02-17-2008, 04:04 PM
for sure you had to drive those V bottoms they would "walk/chime" big time... the hydostreams came out and ruled the roost for a long time, seems the shorter one would not "take flight" as quick as the 17-18 footer. one it seems was called a vector, cant remember what the other popular model was. My same cousin from T.ville John McCall had the longer hydrostream with a 225 johnson it would punch out 87-90 mph, we were at lake Iamonia in the main strain of the lake testing props and I was watching thru binoculars when he blew it over, went straight up in the air and spun around slinging him and anything not bolted down out. Knocked him unconcious for a min. he was face down in the water and some fishermen ran over and pulled him out. An elderly black gentlemen was sitting out there fishing and witnessed the whole thing. He came in to the landing and said " man that boat jumped up in the air like a big'ol trout and just spit'em out !" we laughed about that later after leaving the hospital getting stitches, and dealing with broken thumb and it seems broken collar bone. Wasnt his first crash... that trim button could get you in trouble, at those speeds. oh well, whats fun if you cant have it???.... :wink:

bobwells
02-17-2008, 04:08 PM
P.S. MOOMBA MO FUN ! dont have to leave your brains at the house or roll your testicles out in a wheel barrow :lol:

bamaspiveys
02-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Known Alex J. for over 20 years, way back to his GTO days. Still has the MC. Bob Keene is a very good friend of mine. Lives here in T'ville. Before the his Nautique we used to ski on the old hydrostream. Did not know Ricky real well, but Charles is also a good friend. Like you said, a small world.

Bob,
those Kennedy Craft were mean, but quite a handful. I've still got a Mariner 2.5 on my hydrosport outside but don't even run it anymore. More fun to sit around and talk about it rather than "drive thru the chine" as they used to say.

Monty

Alex and I used to get in a lot of trouble in that GTO, especially when he put the Tri-Power on it that summer.

Yea, Alex is die hard MC, I have not talked to him a few months, but I assume he still has the same boat from last summer.

Did you go to school in Seminole or Decatur Co? I feel like I should know you. Are you related to Jane Johnson?

MOOMBA_97
02-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Jane is my sister in-law. I was born and raised in Thomasville but spent alot of time over there growing up. I even bought a 1969 Camaro (purple)from the Hornsby bunch over there. Still huint a litle on the Clarke's land on the Hooch.

bamaspiveys
02-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Jane is my sister in-law. I was born and raised in Thomasville but spent alot of time over there growing up. I even bought a 1969 Camaro (purple)from the Hornsby bunch over there. Still huint a litle on the Clarke's land on the Hooch.

Thats what I thought, when i saw the name Monty and the fact that you knew Alex. Jane taught with my mother, and my dad was the principal of the Middle school.

LOL
what a super small world.

Tell Jane I said Hi. We don't go back to D'ville much, mom and dad passed on, no family there to see.

Good chatting with you, brought back some great memories.