PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Outback v Tower Question

SanMarzano
02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Whats the best way to Fold and Put up with one person? I had a hell of a time doing this by my self. Also I dont like the way it rests on the Gel Coat. Does anyone prop it up?

zegm
02-13-2008, 02:16 PM
As far as doing this yourself I can't help you but there are several posts that show how people have devised ways to protect the gelcoat. Do a search for tower, or garage as I saw some information about your issue very recently there.

moombadaze
02-13-2008, 03:05 PM
i also have the forward folding tower--do it myself most times--much easier to have the wife help. normally if the tower is up i give it a hard push and then get it balanced and then start walking it forward,actually me backing up lower the tower hand over hand as i back up. i use my oar to prop the tower up, oar i got at walmart -has a double sided hook on one end -it telescopes so i set the hight to hold it off the bow. place the blade area on the center of the trailer tounge and turn the hook so it rests the tower on it.-works good and serves a duall purpose.

hope this helps
i will try to see if i have picture or it--also do a search on here for the rack jack

stacy

just saw your pics on pride and joy. with the bimini mounted to the tower and board racks on its getting heavy to put up and down..

boat looks good.

SanMarzano
02-13-2008, 03:41 PM
So you walk it from 1 side on the outside of the boat? I wonder if one side stresses are good?

moombadaze
02-13-2008, 04:01 PM
the tower is not that heavy and is stiff so i never thought that doing it myself put any stress on the hull.- 5 yrs later and no stress cracks or anything. actually about 75% of the time the tower is off the boat, if you see pictures of my boat at last years florida jamboree there was no tower on it.

stacy

zegm
02-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey San,

Look under general chat "How long and how high and you can see how one member suspends his tower from the ceiling of the garage!

04OUTBACK
02-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Look up [email protected] I know at one time he was selling a RackJack for propping your tower up. He is yellowmobius on here.

BW

Sled491
02-14-2008, 12:09 AM
My buddy zip tied some thick pipe foam around the very top middle part that actually touches the boat. It really isn't that big oa an area. He always put it down and up himself. Like was said before it's not that heavy, it's aluminum after all :D