PDA

View Full Version : Bimini

danimal365
02-12-2008, 12:51 PM
I ordered an Outback DD w/tower. I didn't order the bimini, my wife wants one. Should i add it to my order, or get an aftermarket? Which would be cheaper/better?
d

zegm
02-12-2008, 01:38 PM
You have to have a Bimini! I would call the dealer now and get it because if you don't have a tower it would not be a problem getting an aftermarket one but since they mount to the tower I am not sure you could get the kind of fit like they have from the factory. Our time on the water increased dramatically after we installed a bimini! It is nice to be in the sun some but NOT all day!

YellowMoomba0
02-12-2008, 02:15 PM
skidim (Vince) can get you the Moomba Tower Mount Bimini aftermarket if you choose to wait. However, there will be a new shipping charge and you will have to install it yourself. Correct me if I am wrong but I am fairly certain this does not ship UPS etc. So you will have a motor freight charge that could get close to $100.00 I ski with the people at skidim and still paid around $500.00 for mine in 06. Get it now, save the shipping charge, and it will already be installed when you get your new boat.

danimal365
02-12-2008, 02:21 PM
I just called my dealer and left a message. My spray date isn't until the 18th so it should be fine.

deerfield
02-12-2008, 02:46 PM
danimal - One other item to consider is a heater. This and the bimini are the two creature comforts that can make a big difference in your day's enjoyment. The heater unit is located on the floor in the driver cockpit area. It includes a vent that directs warm air at the driver's feet. Main heat delivery for passengers is via two- 4" retractable hoses that can reach from the cockpit up into the bow seating area or back towards the motor box. Put the fan speed on low and it will blow warm air in abundance. Here in the upper Midwst where you and I live it comes in handy in the spring and fall, or on those summer days that are on the cool side. If it fits in your budget (don't recall the $) and the factory can accomodate a late request, I would encourage you to give it serious consideration along with the bimini. Congratulations on the Outback DD w/ tower. You are in for a treat this summer. - Deerfield

Sled491
02-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Deerfield is right, with our hit and miss summers up here the two biggies are the bimini and the heaters.

zegm
02-13-2008, 12:11 AM
You guys are freakin me out with the heater stuff!

yearround
02-13-2008, 12:56 AM
this is why you need a heater!
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/ttduncan/thanksgiving2007082.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/ttduncan/thanksgiving2007017.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/ttduncan/boatcar.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/ttduncan/thanksgiving2007077.jpg
hey, we weren't the only ones on the water
i think i need to make the pics smaller
this was thanksgiving 2007

zegm
02-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Awesome! I love to ski but being such a cold weather wuss I will just have to wait. But rest assured I will be showing my wife these pictures! She used to compete in ski tournaments in March and April but again this was in the south. I think she will like seeing these pics! What is that a 6mm thick wetsuit?

danimal365
02-13-2008, 09:46 AM
22!!! I wish it was that warm here! It was -2 on the way to work this morning.
D

deerfield
02-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey, yearround - What lake is this? Who is the young lady in the picture? - Deerfield

zegm
02-13-2008, 02:38 PM
You know I am NOT from Florida but I live here now and it was because I hate cold weather. Now I am thinking of moving further south as I am having trouble with this 50 degree day we are having today!

yearround
02-13-2008, 03:43 PM
hey deerfield,
the lake is Cherry Creek Reservoir in Denver, CO. The lovely girl is my sister. a realtor, 35, single, some kids and looking for a good man. maybe i could introduce you? this was her first time in the cold water, took her breath at first but she skied.

the water was still rather warm at mid 40 and the sun was out.

Zeg, it is a dry cold out here so it is about like your humid 50 lol :D

GeauxTigers
02-13-2008, 04:36 PM
hey deerfield,

Yeah... uh-huh! I don't care what anyone says, 40 degree water is COLD! I tried wakeboarding in 58 degree water in Bear Lake, UT last year and I definitely had the shivers!

qb12
02-13-2008, 04:44 PM
hey deerfield,
the lake is Cherry Creek Reservoir in Denver, CO. The lovely girl is my sister. a realtor, 35, single, some kids and looking for a good man. maybe i could introduce you? this was her first time in the cold water, took her breath at first but she skied.

that's about the only time you can enjoy cherry creek resevoir. :D that place is nuts in the summer.

deerfield
02-13-2008, 07:09 PM
yearround - Contrary to popular belief, there are a lot of good guys out there. Hope your sister finds a special guy to love her and the kids. Women are the crown jewel of creation. Gotta admire her spunk gettin' into water that cold. Hey, I lived in Denver a couple of years (72 - 74). Love that state. My wife and I get out there with the boys as budget permits. Done the road trip several times. Flew one time. Favorite places include Breckenridge and Beaver Creek. Summer in the Rocky Mountains is spectacular. You are one lucky guy to have them at your front door. - Deerfield

yearround
02-13-2008, 08:45 PM
that's about the only time you can enjoy cherry creek resevoir. Very Happy that place is nuts in the summer.

well, on the weekends after 8:00 am. we usually get out at sunrise during the week. usually get great water, lots of week nights are good too, usually push the sunset.

deerfield, now you can ski twice in the same day. snow and water. it is quite fun, and certainly something you can't do most places.

wow, how far off topic did we go. sorry for the hijack.

bimini is a must. try and get something that is tall enough for you to stand under. we ordered the Zcargo for the new LSV. i hope my short dealer mechanic will put it at least 6-2 from the floor.

zegm
02-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Wow it was freezing here this morning!!!! I mean it! there was frost on the windsheild, I had to use the redneck ice scraper to get it off! (thats a credit card). You don't want the top too low or it will not block the sun. I was standing in a LSV at the Atlanta boat show that has the z-cargo bimini and I don't remember any problems with it and I am 6'2". My wife loved it and said order it! She must have played with it for 20 minutes! We also decided that since we changed our minds from ordering a Outback V to the LS that it would help with the storage issues since you lose some of that with the DD.