PDA

View Full Version : Dock Set-up Question????

JBMoombaMan
02-11-2008, 12:57 AM
I recently purchased a 2005 XLV. I have not had the boat out on the water yet and I have a question about docking the boat. I belive when I put the boat into reverse the stern (back of the boat) will want to go to the right (drivers side).

My boat will live on a Channel where I must park the boat paraell to the shore line. I would guess I would want to have the right side of the boat (drivers side) away from the shore so when I back off the shore station the rear of the boat will naturally go into the channel. If I have the right side of the boat (drivers side) close to the shore and try to back up the boat will want to go into the shore. Am I correct?

I just want to make sure I will be able to back the boat off the shore station before I pay to have it placed in the water.

Will it ever be possible to back the boat up and have the stern go to the left? Or will it always go to the right because of the prop rotation?

Buttafewcoe
02-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Always to starboard (right). It's fairly easy to get used to.
I usually try to have the port side against the dock. But on the occasion the driver's side is there, a good shove by hand usually gives more than enough clearance, right?
hope this helps
B