PDA

View Full Version : So many options!

boat-chicky
02-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Hello everyone. I hope to own a Moomba Outback, but as everyone knows there are tons of different kinds of boats out there. I just wanted to know if you would recommend a Moomba, and what are the pros and cons?

Thanks!

deerfield
02-09-2008, 11:54 PM
bc - My '07 Outback:

tower
ballast
upgrade sound system
heater
depth gauge
boat buddy
guide post covers
tandem axle trailer
spare tire
cover
docking lights
color upgrade
bimini top
docking cleats

Came with standard 325 hp EFI engine.

Excellent choice for ski, foot, and trick. Plenty adequate for beginner - intermediate wakeboarders.

Heater and bimini are a joy to have during weather extremes. Tandem axle trailer makes for an easy pull on longer trips. Bit tougher in tight quarters.

Not much in the con category. Love our Outback. - Deerfield

Jon
02-11-2008, 12:29 AM
I think this sums it up pretty well:

http://www.moomba.com/about/index.html

Sled491
02-11-2008, 09:52 PM
I doubt you'll ever regret buying a Moomba. Not for the money at least. The MC 190 may have a slightly better wake, but most would never ski at a level to realize it. Many other boats including plenty of SC boats have better or nicer bling, but that doesn't make a better boat.

Some options to seriously consider are;
Perfect Pass
Bimmini Top
Heaters (Depending on local)
Apperance package (cleats stainless rub rail etc)
If into boarding, Tower and Ballast
Any one of the many stereo options

Just buy the Outback and come and join the best dam Community going bar none 8)

Brian Raymond
02-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Boat-Chicky, welcome to the board. The members here have great advice to offer and will tell you what you want to know from first hand. I would go to your local boatshow, meet the dealer, inspect the product and take advantage of the shows incentives. Where do you (or will) do, your boating? There are a bunch of people out there that would be happy to give you a pull and experience the Moomba ride. Brian Raymond

jpyatt
02-14-2008, 01:45 PM
I have a 2005 Moomba Outback and love it. My wife and I bought an Outback because of the size and price. Some of the other Moomba Models are a little big for our needs. We mainly ski and usually only have 3-5 people in the boat at one time.

You have to look at your needs but the Outback is a great choice from my opinion.

Things I like:
Great get out of the water power
Nice wake for skiing
Nice turning radius
Overall confort of driving

zegm
02-14-2008, 08:23 PM
boat chicky,
You cannot get more value for your money with any other boat! I own a MasterCraft I ordered a Moomba!!!! At the Atlanta boat show while looking at the MasterCrafts the factory rep asked if we ordered a new boat and we said yes we ordered a Moomba because of the value and his reply was something like "I don't blame you".

Whats with the name are you the first woman I have ever seen on this male dominated site? We need to find out why this is the reason too, I know there are many woman who love watersports but we never have any input from them.

Buttafewcoe
02-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Prolly looking for love in all the right places.
:mrgreen:
B

deerfield
02-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Hey, I don't think there really is a boat-chicky. We were played. :shock: