PDA

View Full Version : used trailer for Outback

boatback
02-09-2008, 02:57 AM
looking for used trailer for 2001 yellow outback.

delbert
02-11-2008, 11:34 PM
where are you located?

kaneboats
03-06-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm looking for a used Outback trailer too. At this point I'd take any color. Or, if anyone knows of an aftermarket option that works, I'm all ears. I'd travel a bit for it too, if necessary. Thanks!

moombadaze
03-07-2008, 10:23 AM
kaneboats, im interested in getting a double axle trailer for my boat, i dont know if it would work but i have a 03 lsv. v-drive . trailer is blue and in good condition but i dont know if it would work for you.

stacy

kaneboats
03-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Well I'd definitely be interested if it would. It might have to be set up differently. Anybody have the expertise to tell us if it would work?

There was a guy on craigslist pensacola/panhandle trying to sell a nice double axle trailer from a v-drive Malibu or something like it. I'll PM you if I see his ad.

lanceswake
03-07-2008, 01:37 PM
moombadaze

Just curious...are you not happy with the single axle for your LSV?

moombadaze
03-07-2008, 02:59 PM
absalutely no issues with the trailer for the boat-best trailer for towing ive had,boat loads very easily. personaly just think all "ski" boats look "right" with a double axle trailer, thats all. 5yrs old with 100 hrs so it spends lots of time on the trailer.

stacy

kaneboats
03-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Checked the specs in the archive. Very close. LSV is about 2" longer and one more inch of draft (although my owners manual says the LS has an inch or two more. V is also 200 lbs. heavier and 3" broader in beam. It's gonna be real close. They might set the axle back just a hair for the V, but I'm not sure. Have to compare two side by side or examine trailer photos. I'm pretty confident it will work. It's probably the same trailer.

kaneboats
03-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I agree they "look right" with double. But I have to keep mine in such a narrow difficult spot I can only back a single in there. I don't trailer very far either. Anyway, mine's junk. It came from down in S. Fla. and they really let it deteriorate after a brake line rusted through. It has to be replaced.

kaneboats
03-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Still looking for a trailer for the 2000 Outback LS. Had a chance to grab a trailer from a Mastercraft Prostar 190 over the weekend so I took it. I haven't had an opportunitiy to try to put the O/B on it. I thought it would be close enough to make it work but it really looks like that is not going to be the case. So, if anyone knows of someone who is looking for a Prostar trailer I do have a pretty nice one.

kaneboats
04-09-2008, 01:23 AM
OK, found my trailer but have 2 for sale. One is the original 2000 Boatmate trailer that has a rusty frame but decent axle, springs, fenders, winch, bunks, wheels, tires etc. First $300 takes it if someone wants it.

The other one is for a 19 ft. Mastercraft Prostar. It's in good shape and I need $1300. It's the white one with fiberglass fenders.