PDA

View Full Version : Running Rough

cham783
08-13-2003, 07:46 AM
I need some advice on an idle problem. I recently bought a 93 Boomerang (with a Ford 302, 4 barrel Holly carb) and it ran OK for about 5 minutes then it wouldn't idle. The boat hadn't been used much for about 3 years so I figured it was probably a carb problem. I had a friend who works on boats put a kit in the carb. Now it idles pretty good but it still isn't right. I have to keep the idle set around 1000 RPMs to keep it running. Also, when you run it under load and then slow down quickly it dies and then acts like its flooded when you try to start it back up. If you slow it down slowly it does a lot better. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start looking?

Also, I have put in new plugs and wires. The points look OK but I need to check the gap. Any one know what the gap should be on that motor?

Brian Raymond
08-14-2003, 11:13 PM
The point setting should be .017-.018. The problems you are still experiencing sound fuel related, check for water in the gas, and float adj. Verify that all the O.E.M. parts were replaced at rebuild.Brian Raymond

cham783
08-15-2003, 05:08 AM
Thanks Brian