PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Boat Show

flaswaliba
02-08-2008, 08:59 PM
My wife and I and our best friends will be at the Charlotte boat show this weekend. I'm really looking foward to sitting in a Supra 21V and a Mobius LSV head to head. We're leaning toward the Mobius to the the value and ammenities for the price. We're still trying to sell our 93 CC Sport Nautique. I'll post pictures and inform all of you of what we see. I can't wait!!!!!!

hiqualityH2O
02-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Those are both sweet boats you can't go wrong. Don't forget the checkbook!

yearround
02-08-2008, 10:41 PM
we sat in both for a long time. the supra bling was nice, but we (the kids mostly) preferred the open bow over the playpen. we ordered the LSV. we still ordered the bow filler cushion for the time they want the flat area. i was glad that saved me a couple $$.

both are great because they have a capacity of 13 (would be squishy if they are all adults. we have 4 kids, they can all bring a friend and we will still be legal with room for more.

jmvotto
02-08-2008, 10:56 PM
last summer passed on a new 2006 supra 21v holdover, great boat, lots amenities, not worth the $$ over the moomba , my opinion

Plus moomba BB is much better than Supra BB... :D

flaswaliba
02-12-2008, 11:25 AM
The Charlotte show was awesome!!! If you didn't know what kind of boat you wanted (i'm talking type-runabout, bass, cruiser, etc.), you could definitely spend two or three days there. My wife, I, my buddy, and his wife spent over 9 hours looking at just ski/wakeboard boats! The Supras were definitely nice, but my wife was not impressed with the playpen. To each his own, I guess. The Mobius LSV is a nice boat, and we are teetering between buying that a one from a competitor brand. I've been given killer deals on both. Now comes the tough decision of which one to purchase.

I was though, kind of disappointed with the pushy salesman from the local Moomba dealer. He was on top of us the whole time we were in the MobLSV. I finally had to blatantly tell him to let us look at the boat amongst ourselves! He acted as if we were his first sell. However, that does nothing to detract from our high opinion of the MobLSV. There's really not a lot to complain about with the LSV. Decisions, Decisions Decisions!!!!!

VA LSV
02-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Wife, kids & I spent Sat at the Charlotte show. Picked up some fantastic deals on gear from South Town Riders. Great group of people! I really wanted to take that 22SSV home.

kaneboats
02-12-2008, 10:44 PM
. . . about the feeling. I only barely got in the bottom end of the game with my "new" 2000 Outback (so I'm at the card table, I'm still eating with the inboard owners now). But, knowing this board was here really helped take away my worries. The first night back in Tallahassee was going to be cold and a member of the Moomba family who is pretty close to here (zegm) advised me to stick a trouble light out there to keep her warm. Also, by the time I got the boat home I realized I have to float her off and do some work on the trailer. Another member of the family from close by (Bob Wells) offered to let me park at his dock to get it all straight. I've never met these guys and they are already taking care of me. What do you suppose I'd do for anyone else that needed something? Thanks again to everyone for taking care of each other. You can't go wrong with a Moomba.

GeauxTigers
02-12-2008, 11:04 PM
That is an awesome feeling. I don't know any of the Salt Lake/Utah owners yet! :cry:
I am sure there are quite a few out there but I think I am the only one lurking in here.

kaneboats
02-12-2008, 11:29 PM
You may be the only one currently posting, but I will almost guarantee you are not the only one lurking. I've got a few other boards where I never post but check out every week. Time'll tell. Take care out there in Cougar country.

yearround
02-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Take care out there in Cougar country.
are you referring to the BYU Cougars? but i really don't want to go down that line. i am glad to hear that there are people around willing to help others out for no material gain.

kaneboats
02-13-2008, 09:27 AM
That was just a reference to acknowledge he's an LSU Tiger in Utah. I'm just a big college sports fan.

GeauxTigers
02-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Actually, this place is about equally divided between Cougar fans and Utes fans (University of Utah). Neither team appeals to me, although the Cougars made it to the polls this year which is commendable.

kaneboats
02-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Being from Chicago area I'll always have a soft spot for BYU where Jim McMahon came from. Always liked Rick Majerus and his teaching abilities at Utah. Here in Seminole land I'm a closet Gator fan but really more of just an SEC watcher. I liked watching Grossman in college but he's been on and off with the Bears. Loved watching Eli in college. I like the Illini too but they're usually a lot better in basketball. I'm a Southern Ill Saluki for real but really just a big sports fan. One of my favorite games I ever saw in Chicago was in the NCAA tourney when Jamie Brandon's LSU team went up against Jason Kidd's Cal team. Now that was some fun. It was the night my Salukis got destroyed by Duke. Enough non-Mooomba stuff though. Think I may have found a trailer today.