PDA

View Full Version : wakeboarding in Atlanta

Yellowmobius
08-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Anyone boarding in the Atlanta area? How late in the year can you board there?

Troy0501
08-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Im from Marietta,Ga which is just north of Atlanta (15-20 miles or so) Ive been boarding as late in the year as October and as early as April...the water is pretty cool I wont lie...but you can live with it and get in some good boarding cause no one else is out there!

MobyRick
09-22-2003, 10:08 PM
My brother lives in Atlanta and boards year round using a dry suit. I live just north near Greenville and usually go into October and start in April.

Yellowmobius
09-23-2003, 07:30 AM
Thanks, I will be down there in November (for work)and I was just thinking maybe a guy could get some boarding in.

Yellowmobius
09-23-2003, 07:31 AM
Thanks, I will be down there in November (for work)and I was just thinking maybe a guy could get some boarding in.

ProXman
11-04-2003, 02:41 PM
If I could go untill the end of october here in NY WITHOUT a wet/dry suit you should be going all year in atlanta!!!!

Schmo
11-07-2003, 07:15 AM
Still going here in Atlanta. I will probably use the wetsuit this weekend since the outside highs are only around 60 and the water temperature is somewhere in that area now too.

purplepower
11-07-2003, 08:05 AM
Unfortunately my boat was put to bed well over a month ago when it dipped below freezing for the first time. Last weekend I visited my brother in Ft. Lauderdale. We drove by a ski/wakeboard lake that was visible from the freeway. Not a soul on it as far as I could tell (and we drove by more than once). Maybe they have it too good down there?

Tony

purplepower
11-13-2003, 10:54 PM
Sorry that does not ring a bell. I believe we were traveling north towards Oakland Park??
Tony

Bfrank
12-21-2003, 01:04 PM
I love hearing from others who do the winter wakeboarding. My family has been on the local lakes here in SoCa. all year, no one is out there. The water is perfect....not another boat in sight except a few fishermen. These fishermen are all bundled up in coats, very funny.
Summer time here the lakes are blown out by noon and there are so many boats you can't move.
Invest in a wetsuit for $100. and you are good to go.
Water is about 60 deg., air about 45deg to 70deg.

Brent
Ventura, CA

Joeh
02-06-2004, 12:55 AM
Hi... am thinking about moving to Atlanta from Hong Kong where have been wakeboarind for a few months now. Can anyone tell me the names numbers (and websites?) of places where i can rent a boat and board? Also, might be looking for people to board with, seeing as I know like one person in Atlanta at the mo. Cheers. JOE [email protected]