PDA

View Full Version : mirror bracket?

moombadaze
01-30-2008, 11:28 AM
for the 2006 jamboree i won a tower mirror bracket that fits the new bigger style towers like on new lsv, i have a 2003 lsv with the forward folding smaller tube style tower--is there a sleeve that will let me use this bracket.

thank you

stacy

BLKOUTLS
01-30-2008, 11:55 AM
You may want to contact Monster Tower as they sell a set of plastic inserts
for their brackets and mounts that allow them to adapt to many of the different size towers. Its a sleeve that fits inside of the clamp. I have a
couple of racks and speaker mounts from them and the insert works great.

Buttafewcoe
01-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Yep. Plus those plastic inserts are 'non-marring' also. Just the thing to protect your tower's shiny finish.
B

moombadaze
01-30-2008, 12:54 PM
just got off the phone with monster tower and chris said there sleeve's outside diamater is 2 inch's and a inch wide.

i cant remember but i think my tower is 1.7/8 diamater but im not sure on the bigger towers.

thanks for the replies

stacy

cab13367
01-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Stacy,

Keep in mind that the monster tower sleeves are designed for their equipment, which is a perfect fit on 2-1/2" towers. If your mirror bracket is designed for a diameter other than 2-1/2", I don't think their sleeves will work.

For example, the sleeve for a 1-7/8" tower are two halves that when put together, have a hold in the middle that is 1-7/8" and has an outside diameter of 2-1/2". If your bracket is designed for a 2-1/4" diameter tower, it will not fit around the sleeve. And these are rigid plastic so they don't give.

I have a set of their sleeves since I have a monster tower mirror arm and would be happy to send you the 1-7/8" sleeves if you want to give it a try. I have a 2006 so I used the larger sleeves. No sense in you spending $25 for a set of sleeves only to find out they won't work.

Al

moombadaze
01-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Al, thanks for the offer

when i get home tonight im going to measure everthing to see if its close
might have to do some modifications to make this work, just tired of the mirror sitting on the shelf, figure i might as well make it work somehow.

thanks again

stacy

BLKOUTLS
01-30-2008, 05:05 PM
One thing I had to do is mix and match the inserts for one bracket as
the location on the tower was slightly different do to bends and welds.
It worked out great. Good luck i hope it works out.

Chris

moombadaze
02-14-2008, 09:04 PM
update- was able to swing by my dealer and they had the smaller tower mirror arm in stock and could use the larger one so it was a straight swap--worked for both of us

thanks to the guys at land o lakes marine in tampa florida

stacy

Miller_Time
02-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Now thats some service right there, glad to hear they were able to work it out for ya.