PDA

View Full Version : Cd player and wired remote (Factory) Please Help

sethscott
01-28-2008, 11:39 PM
I have a 05 Lsv and i want to upgrade my cd player to the 07 kenwood, My only concern is the wired remote. When i pulled my old kenwood out i noticed there is 1 wire that connected to the back of the cd player kinda through the casing like maybe the open them up and add this i am not sure. So i was looking on ebay at the kenwoods that came in the 07 lsv's and i didnt see any spot to hook up that one wire. Can someone please shed some light on this situation? Also anyone know where i can buy the replacement wired remote for a 05 lsv

Thanks Seth

YellowMoomba0
01-29-2008, 10:58 AM
I bought a new Kenwood with that was compatible with the LED remote only. Because my remote is in the molded dash I did not want to replace it and have it look horrible. So I sent the new radio back and kept my old remote (the white oval one). I found this radio one online and liked it because it had 3 RCA connections. Front, Rear, and Sub. AND it works with the current single pin remote because it is Kenwood

Product #: KDC-MP435UMRCC
Kenwood Marine CD Player
Kenwood AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA/USB In Dash Marine Stereo

M.S.R.P. $0
Price $225.95

www.lafayetteradio.com

I could not find this on the Kenwood site so I contacted Kenwood and asked them if this was legit. They said it was. It is basically a car stereo that is marinzied aftermarket. The people that do it are Authorized by Kenwood to do so. The nice thing is that it fits directly in the spot of the original unit without having to modify the opening. I love mine and with the 3 RCA's I can control Sub output and balance the sound properly. The old unit does not do this well when splitting RCA signals etc. Now my sub will bounce you out of the boat.

[/img]

sethscott
01-30-2008, 10:54 PM
any other kenwoods out there that will work with the oem one wire wired remote. If i buy the 07 lsv kenwood radio say off ebay will it have the one wire hook up on the cd player?

tazz3069
01-31-2008, 10:06 AM
YellowMooba
Just wanted to know if everything on your Wired remote works the same. I have an 07' Moomba with the wired remote, one in the cockpit and the other at the rear of the boat. I also want the 3 RCA outputs to operate my two amps. I want to get rid of the stereo that I have and get a new one. Again just curious of everything works the same with the new radio?

Sethscott
If I do decide to get a new head unit, I will not have the use for the unit I have now. I also have the kenwood Ipod adapter for it. If you are interested.
Tazz

YellowMoomba0
01-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Tazz:

Yes it all functions the same. That was the key in using the Aeware white oval wired remote. The back of the Kenwood is the same as the standard one in the boat. This was nice because the wiring harness that you currently have plugs into the same spot along with the Antenna, and the wired remote pin. Add to that you would now have 3 RCA pre outs and one of the RCA Sets is dedicated for a Sub. I wanted to upgrade my stereo equipment without changing my remote (cosmetic purposes) and this was the only way I could find it to work.

Note if you were to get another Kenwood other than the one I showed I believe it would NOT have the wired remote input. Therefore, make sure you get the one I posted above.

byronkoz
01-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Mabye im missing something here but......why not just add an eq? This would allow you to keep your HU and run everything at the drivers seat, plus you could plug an ipod ect.... directly into it. Oh and it would only cost you 40-50 bucks.

sethscott
01-31-2008, 06:35 PM
can someone please tell me what to look for in the desciption of the kenwood cd player so i know if it will work with the factory wired remote

sethscott
01-31-2008, 06:38 PM
or should i just go with the 07 kenwood that came in the 07 lsv's and just buy an eq. Only thing i worried about with an eq would be sound quality or engine noise. Anyone recommend a nice eq

byronkoz
01-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Heres a good eq
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLARION-EQS746-7-BAND-ROTARY-GRAPHIC-EQUALIZER-EQ-2007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38643QQihZ011QQite mZ320211026540QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I have an 06 and am going to do the same thing due to the lack of rca's on the stock unit, plus I just like the idea of having control of each amp and my ipod within reach. You could do a search on wakeworld using this eq and get a bunch of good info.

YellowMoomba0
02-01-2008, 09:49 AM
go to the website I posted above and do a search for the model number I wrote in. It has 3 RCA preouts and it accepts the wired remote. I know of no other, nor do I know of another place to get it. That EQ looks sweet. I did not know such a thing was an option and the bad part is that when I started all of this last summer, no sales person ever suggested it. For my ears, the Kenwood above, with a 200 watt 10" Bazooka Sub (built in amp) and a 4 channel amp pushing the cock pit speakers, the system sounds great. I just let the Kenwood push the bow speakers. I suppose you have more options with the EQ shown.

tazz3069
02-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Yellow Moomba,
Thanks for the information. I ordered my new Kenwood. I should get it on Monday. I am replacing everything in the boat. I got new Polk Audio DB651 for the boat, two set of Polk Momo tower speakers, Boston Acoustic 10" sub and two Kicker Amps. 700.5 (5 channel) and a 400.4 (4 channel). When everything get here, I have los of work to do. will post pictures when finished.
Tazz

YellowMoomba0
02-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Sounds like a fine system after all working. I just sold my 04 Outback and ordered 08, the buyer of my boat did not want all the sub and amp stuff, so to haggle down the price I just pulled everything. My dealer is also a kicker dealer so my new boat will leave the factory with no stereo, and dealer will install my sub, amp, head unit and the same kicker speakers that the factory sells. That worked out to about $900.00 savings on my part.

Buttafewcoe
02-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Hopefully, it still a Yellow Moomba.
B

YellowMoomba0
02-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Outback, Black Hull, Oval graphic, yellow Accent, teak deck, Gravity One, docking lights, heater, wake plate, PP Digital Pro, depth finder, tower-bimini, front and back snap covers, towable full cover, driver and transom remote, my stereo equip installed, spare tire. I think thats about it. I like the 08 gauges but I hate the Perfect Pass display. Why did Skiers Choice just not cut in the hole and let you have the full PP guage? That might be a little modification on my part down the road.