PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Hydraulic Lift for my 07 LSV. Ideas?

shulaj
01-28-2008, 06:13 PM
I do not want my boat in the water at my dock...so I want a power life. I want one that is operated by battery....charged by solar of course. This is no big deal...but I need the dimensions and a great suggestion for a unit. I saw one at a boat show with TWO hydraulic arms rather than the one in the middle. Another one had one in the middle, but the nice thing was the way it was designed...if the lift hydraulics gave way...it would not fall back into the water. I will buy it in Michigan.

Ideas please? Costs and makes would be good. I am considering aluminum obviously.

maxpower220
01-29-2008, 02:58 AM
I have a Hewitt cantilever aluminum boat lift. Mine is not Hydraulic, but I believe that they make them. Mine has a wheel that you can replace with an electric motor that is driven from a solar charged battery or from the boat's battery. I rachets up, so that if power is lost the boat will not "fall" back into the water. With the cantilever design, once the boat is up, all of the weight is forced straight down and there is no stress on the rest of the components. It is fairly light, a freind and I put is together and lifted it into the water. It is adjustable for different depths of water.
I bought it online from the manufacturer about 5 years ago, I spent $2600. They have different dimensions based on weight and size of your boat. I have had no problems with mine. They also make a cover, but if you have a tower, I don't think it will work.

Laz
01-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Has anyone had any experience with some of the inflatable lifts?

I don't want to put in a framed lift as I would have to get it out each season which could be trouble in the marina I'm on.

zabooda
01-29-2008, 03:23 PM
I would think a non-hydraulic system would be a much simplier system and would work better from a battery (much like a 4wd winch). Hydraulic systems in and near the water can be a bad situation environmentally if a leak developed. Some states and localities have some stringent rules that you need to look at.

maxpower220
01-30-2008, 02:48 AM
Actually they use a biodegradable oil, like vegetable oil, for hydraulic lifts on boat lifts. I know a few people with them. If they were to leak, it would be eco safe. I have to say that his lift is faster and quiter than mine, but I think his cost a lot more. I was on a budget.

shulaj
01-30-2008, 05:11 PM
I am not on a budget...but want a quiet vegetable oil lift! LOL

So, anyone know any mfrs for a great lift?

Sled491
01-30-2008, 07:17 PM
There's a few of them, yes Hewitt is one. I had a hewitt lift before the one I have now, in fact sold it to a guy with a MC with the outboard (barefooters version). Anyway, look to pay about 5500.00 for a hydraulic set up. I checked them out last year, very sweet, you can even get a remote control for raising and lowering your boat. There a few other manufactuers out there like Shore Station, but I saw a price on that one for a 4000lb lift of 11000.00, ouch.

Just google it.