PDA

View Full Version : outback v or lsv for kneeboarding

xtremess
01-27-2008, 04:42 PM
we have a 97 blue water and was thinking of up grading but have been looking at these boats since 01. And was woundering what boat should we get for kneeboarding and skiing we arnt big on wakeboarding just kneeboarding and skiing and was looking at the lsv and outback v because we like the wrap around seatting :D It just our boat is paid for lol and these boats are cheaper then other boats that we have looked at

Sled491
01-27-2008, 08:30 PM
I don't think either boat is what you are looking for as far as your watersports go. However to answer your question the LSV is a much bigger boat with greater feeboard, longer and wider. Either boat will require a hydraulic wakeplate for passable skiing wake. If you are interested in skiing and wakeboarding mostly you will like the Outback and Mobius LS better. Again the LS being a bigger boat overall. Yes the motors are in the middle but the DD is the king of skiing and is why the Outback is the only Moomba to be AWSA tournament approved.

Hope this helps more than causes confusion. :lol:

Laz
01-27-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm told that the Outback V has a pretty good slalom wake for most people.

There is a review in the latest issue of waterski mag. If you can't find it, I'll scan the page and send it to you.

I'll have the chance to compare as a friend of mine just bought a 2007 Outback V and will be at the same marina as me with my Outback.

Laz

xtremess
01-27-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't think either boat is what you are looking for as far as your watersports go. However to answer your question the LSV is a much bigger boat with greater feeboard, longer and wider. Either boat will require a hydraulic wakeplate for passable skiing wake. If you are interested in skiing and wakeboarding mostly you will like the Outback and Mobius LS better. Again the LS being a bigger boat overall. Yes the motors are in the middle but the DD is the king of skiing and is why the Outback is the only Moomba to be AWSA tournament approved.

Hope this helps more than causes confusion. :lol:

u said lsv is a bigger boat then what??? our blue water and the lsv is the same size boat? its just older and we don't like the engine in the middle rope kids u get the point? and we really like wrap around seats there really nice.. i hate the engine in the middle not safe in my eyes

Sled491
01-27-2008, 10:09 PM
The mobius LSV is bigger than the Outback V

zegm
01-27-2008, 11:02 PM
We too are a waterskiing family that also kneeboards most of the time. We had our hearts set on a Outback V because we too loved the seating. However we went to the Atlanta boat show and ordered a Mobius LS. This LS and the LSV are the same hulls by the way. After speaking with some members of the GA TECH ski team that has used both the V and the LS we decided on the LS. But what it really comes down to is do you go through the course? If you are serious skiers you will want the Outback or the LS is you don't mind crossing a bigger wake then the LSV or Outback V. We did test drive a Outback V last summer and there IS a wake behind it, it was nowhere near as flat as my current MasterCraft. A final note here the direct drives don't loose power going throught the transfer case!

xtremess
01-27-2008, 11:03 PM
The mobius LSV is bigger than the Outback V

oh ya i don't want a smaller boat lol. i just want wrap around seatting is all im eaither goin with moomba or malibu because our dealer sales moomba and malibu and they sale mb sport but there tomuch lol

smokedog2
01-27-2008, 11:15 PM
I have what is now the Outback LSV. I like it just fine. I'd get the bigger boat if it was available when I was buying but I am not likely to trade up.

With a kneeboard you will want a little wake, either boat will be fine. We ride behind a Moomba LSV a Supra 21 and a Supra 22. Each has its advantages but a kneeboard can ride behind any of them.

xtremess
01-27-2008, 11:58 PM
I have what is now the Outback LSV. I like it just fine. I'd get the bigger boat if it was available when I was buying but I am not likely to trade up.

With a kneeboard you will want a little wake, either boat will be fine. We ride behind a Moomba LSV a Supra 21 and a Supra 22. Each has its advantages but a kneeboard can ride behind any of them.

i like the mobius lsv there super nice is the ice chest big in the seat? and i would think kneeboarding and wakeboarding u would want the same wake and we don't ski that much or wakeboard we just drift and do a little kneeboarding we just want to upgrade to a nicer boat we had this boat since 97 time to get a new one lol

04OUTBACK
01-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Xtremes..
The ice chest is big enough to have a little food and drink for the family. It would probably hold a 12 pack and a little food. Not terribly well insulated, but is convenient..

smokedog2
01-28-2008, 10:29 PM
I use my ice chest as a dry box, too small for me and my crew.

xtremess
01-29-2008, 08:16 PM
I use my ice chest as a dry box, too small for me and my crew.

oh wow i thought that ice chest would be a good ideal to have so u wouldn't have to bring an ice chect with you but if its small what the point then having a ice chest in the boat lol

JesseC
01-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Isn't it obvious, it is used to keep things dry just like Ed said, I use it as a spill over from the glove box! I use it for the same reason he does!!!

cab13367
01-30-2008, 04:04 PM
I have to disagree on the built in ice chest. On my 2006 LSV (same hull and layout as the 2008's), it's plenty big. It will hold at LEAST a 24 pack of 12 ounce cans plus ice. And it's got a built in drain. We use it all the
time.

There is a good picture of it on this site. Click on 2008 Boats above, then Mobius LSV. On the top view of the boat, click on the circle with a "+" sign on the left side of the boat.

Al

moombadaze
01-30-2008, 04:19 PM
i think on the pre 06 body style the cooler is not insulated good enough, in mine the ice melts before 12:00 when getting to the lake by 9:00am.
we use it for dry storage also.

stacy

zegm
01-30-2008, 05:17 PM
the fact that the LS does not have this cooler was a disappointment but there is plenty of room behind the drivers seat for this and since I will have to bring the refreshments down to the dock anyway it keeps us from having to load the cooler, unload the cooler into the boat and then back again if we don't use everything. So the LS still rules at our House!

xtremess
01-31-2008, 05:24 PM
oh wow the ice wouldn't be that big of deal im only 15min from the lake i was just thinkin with out bringing a ice chest it be more leg room