PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Jamboree??

chillyx
01-25-2008, 11:51 PM
I keep reading about the moomba family haveing a jamboree in different places. I have not heard Atlanta mentioned. Is there one in the ATL.

Thanks
Chris

Sled491
01-25-2008, 11:56 PM
I believe you are part of the florida one. Check with Ed G

04OUTBACK
01-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Atlanta is a little closer to Miss than Orlando.. I;d consider towing to Atlanta for a Jamboree.

ATLOUTBACKV
01-26-2008, 02:04 PM
would anyone be interested in it? i could talk with kurt and lisa from ATL Marine about helping in getting this together.... i think an atlanta jamboree is a brilliant idea...

moombadaze
01-26-2008, 05:27 PM
i would be willing to drive up from tampa if you get it going

stacy

ATL07LSV
01-26-2008, 11:16 PM
count me in.

Swamp Buggy
01-26-2008, 11:56 PM
I have spoken to Lisa about it in the past and she seemed willing to support. I talked to Tim at the boat show and I think he would be our champion for this event. He wants to do it but I think they need to see some interest from us in order to push them forward. I dont believe anyone from Atlanta Marine is a memer of this board. Any suggestions on getting them involved? Maybe we all just start calling Tim.

gsi09907
01-27-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm in and have 3 other buddies with Skiers Choice boats to bring from Chattanooga. That makes a for sure 4....

chillyx
01-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Sounds Great. I'll have our new LSV by mid march.

moombadaze
01-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Ed, are you up for a road trip? boats intow. could be fun hitting 2 jamboree's in a summer. :lol:

looking forward to summer

stacy

Swamp Buggy
01-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Everyone,
I have been in communication with Tim at Atlanta Marine today. He and I are going to get started planning. I was thinking mid to late summer so that some people can attend multiple jamborees (We will still attend the Florida Jamboree also).

Is there any interest in an unofficial evening get together after the event?

Any ideas or suggestions to make the event the best it can be?

If you are interested please send me, in a private message, your name and contact info so that I can get a distribution list setup to keep you in the loop.

-Calvin

moombadaze
01-29-2008, 08:25 AM
swamp buggy, i understand plans are just starting, but is atlanta marine in atlanta? im from tampa florida so not sure but it makes since they would be. any idea what lake it might be on, reason for asking is we've gone camping at lake lanier and may try to plan a long camping weekend type trip. we were up in summer of 06 and lanier was low then.

thanks

stacy

i'll send a pm too

mobius man
01-29-2008, 09:53 PM
hello all
i am new here to this site i have a 04 xlv i am in macon and
would definitely do tha jam

Swamp Buggy
01-29-2008, 09:59 PM
99% sure that it would be on Lake Lanier since that's where Atlanta Marine is located. There has been some discussion about Lake Allatoona but I don't suspect we will head in that direction due to the amount of traffic on that lake.

Tim from Atlanta Marine has already placed a call to Natalie at SC so the ball is starting to roll on that end.

zegm
01-29-2008, 11:09 PM
I too was on the phone with Tim today and I suggested Lake Acworth due to the fact that it is a constant level lake that feeds into Lake Allatoona but is segregated from it and is controlled by the city of Acworth. This means that the ONLY boats on it would be the Jamboree boats! They have wakeboard events there, racing boat events there and other controlled activities on this lake. It has playgrounds, a large park and is controlled by the city. It is just off of I-75 so it would be much easier to get to for the out of towners than Lake Lanier. There are plenty of Hotels in the area and Redtop mountain state park is nearby for the campers. Not a mile away is the Atlanta Water ski clubs area with at last count 2 slalom courses. Another plus is it is a little further out of Atlanta than Lanier and the traffic will not be as big an issue.

zegm
01-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Here are some links to Lake Acworth, notice in this information it mentions water skiing events.

http://www.acworth.org/departments/pnrecreation/parks/caublePark.php

map http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1 dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=34.065435&lon=-84.677399&mag=5&q1=Acworth%2C%20GA

sar
02-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Our goal is to host two ski tournaments and one wakeboard tournament this year. I will make sure that I post dates and locations and let Atlanta Marine and Rick know.