PDA

View Full Version : 03 outback info

boat driver
01-23-2008, 10:18 PM
I have owned a few boats over the last 30 years but never a inboard.I have 2 kids one loves to ski the other a wakeboarder. Considering to purchuse a 03 outback.Any info on this boat would be very helpfull. Thanks Kevin

Laz
01-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I think the Moomba updated the Outback hull in 2003 and is the same as I have in my 2007. As for wakeboarding, the boat is designed for slalom, but with Gravity 1 and a tower, you have to be a pretty good wakeboarder before you 'need' a heavier V drive.

As for slalom, it very very hard to beat.

dtlaine
01-23-2008, 11:05 PM
If possible get the EFI motor on a used Moomba. It was an option in 2003, and I would recommend it.

YellowMoomba0
01-24-2008, 10:27 AM
2003 was the first year of the current hull. It should have 310 or 325 horse power depending if it has EFI or Carb. What all options are listed? I have an 04, ski the course and then fill a few sacks for kneeboarding. Its a perfect wake for all of that stuff. Yeah the V drives usually offer more ballast capability etc. and are better designed for wake boarding. Eitehr way I dont think you can go wrong on an inboard. You will figure that out in a matter of days after you have one. I will have one and most likely it will always be mooma or supra until I am forced into a pontoon at 80.

Sled491
01-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Depending on the ages of the kids and how much coin you are willing to put out you won't go wrong with the Outback. If you need more gadgets you can add them if you need to ie, ballast etc. What are the options being listed, how many hrs? Is this a private deal or through a dealer?

03outbackVT
01-28-2008, 11:03 PM
check my new posting in the classified section and compare to to the deal you are considering........

noneya
01-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Just a reminder , in that year (and maybe even now) there are 2 boats called the Outback. Outback and Outback LS, the LS is a Mobius hull, just different graphics and standard equipment. The Outback is a different hull, more optimized for skiing