PDA

View Full Version : gravity 1 change to 3 ??

moombadaze
01-23-2008, 11:02 AM
i have a 2003 mobius lsv with stock gravity 1 bag. what is involved to change it to a gravity 3 bag set up?, i see that i have one inlet in the bottom of the boat that then could tee off to 3 different bags-2 of the tees are blocked off(plugged) is this true as i really dont want to drill any holes in the boat. as for the outlets i think i would just open the rear hatchs and hang a hose off the side to drain. next question is after the tee on the inlet right above the v drive is a gray control valve-what does this do?
price i might expect for parts only?

thanks

stacy

Nafplio
01-23-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm glad you guys post. It's -11 outside, -26 with the windshield and I'm on my days off.
There is only one inlet for the hole thing with a strainer and one supply pump. The grey devices on top of the v-drive are solenoid operated valves to allow filling the bag of your choice. There are three drain pumps.
Sethscott was doing this a little while back. You could check with him and see how it went. Your dealer or Brian Raymond can hook you up with a parts list. Here is Sethscott's post:
https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=4971&highlight=

dtlaine
01-23-2008, 07:13 PM
i have a 2003 mobius lsv with stock gravity 1 bag. what is involved to change it to a gravity 3 bag set up?, i see that i have one inlet in the bottom of the boat that then could tee off to 3 different bags-2 of the tees are blocked off(plugged) is this true as i really dont want to drill any holes in the boat. as for the outlets i think i would just open the rear hatchs and hang a hose off the side to drain. next question is after the tee on the inlet right above the v drive is a gray control valve-what does this do?
price i might expect for parts only?

thanks

stacy

I see you're in Land 'o Lakes - greetings from New Tampa. Did you buy your boat at LoL Marine in LoL? Jason is putting the G3 system in my OB V this week, so he should have the parts list ready off the top of his head.

Based on what I know, the response in the linked post is correct. One pump in goes to 3 outlets that are electronically controlled. Each bag has a pump out. You will need to drill two above-waterline holes for the drain. You may want to inquire about 600 lb bags for the back. They suggested them to me, but Brian Raymond said they won't fit in an OB V. Maybe they'll fit in the LSV.

moombadaze
01-24-2008, 08:27 AM
dtlaine,
yep did buy from land o lakes marine--actually the 3rd boat from them. i called them to get the price for the parts to do myself. sally transfered me to dave who asked jason in the background about what i want to do and he answered back just like the outback v im doing, must be your boat. small world. my boat has the same hull yours does. was thinking about getting the flyhigh bags at 400lbs each to try wakesurfing.

what lake do you go to? we are normally on lake padget or east lake in land o lakes with the ocasonal trip to the clermont chain of lakes.

you may not know about it but every spring, april or may, skiers choice (moomba,supra)has a boaters jamboree. last year we had something like 25-26 boats show up full of people. very good time. food, prices, giveaways, shirts and stuff. this will be the 4th year.

are you from tampa?

stacy

dtlaine
01-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Glad to hear he's working on it. I should have it back on Saturday.

I live on Cory Lake in New Tampa, so that's where I do almost all my boating. I relocated here from Portland, OR last spring, so I missed the Jamboree. I plant to attend this year.

If you'd like to check the weight w/ 1200 lbs of ballast (3 400 lb bags), you're welcome to check mine out after I get it back.

I'm not from Tampa, but I'm hoping to stay here for as long as possible. I really enjoy it.

Don

moombadaze
01-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Don,

world got even smaller--wife and i are from seattle. been here for 18 years now, just cant beat the weather if you are a boater. we were originally just to stay for 6 months.

glad to hear youre going to make the jamboree this year-we could meet up and caravan over. this year from what im hearing could be BIG.

waiting for warmer weather
stacy

VA LSV
01-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Gravity III upgrade covered here.
https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=4312
Room for life jackets in 05 LSV rear lockers with both 400 lb sacks full and with 1 throws a great surf wake.
Be sure to consider upgrading your prop.

Brian Raymond
01-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Great advice on the prop upgrade. When upgrading the ballast, lots of peeps in the boat and alot of riding is being done, go with the14.25x14x1 1/8 LH OJ wakeboard prop (SC #106069). This gives a great holeshot, smoother pulls and won't put a load on the motor. It lets the motor rev. to where it needs to be for better torque. This is a sweetheart of a prop because it offers all this with minimal top end m.p.h. loss. This prop also works well when pulling multiple riders and aggressive skiers. Brian Raymond

cab13367
01-26-2008, 04:04 AM
Great advice on the prop upgrade. When upgrading the ballast, lots of peeps in the boat and alot of riding is being done, go with the14.25x14x1 1/8 LH OJ wakeboard prop (SC #106069). This gives a great holeshot, smoother pulls and won't put a load on the motor. It lets the motor rev. to where it needs to be for better torque. This is a sweetheart of a prop because it offers all this with minimal top end m.p.h. loss. This prop also works well when pulling multiple riders and aggressive skiers. Brian Raymond
Hi Brian,

For my 2006 LSV with the stock 13.75x17.75 prop, my dealer suggested that the 13.75x15.75 would be a better choice for my LSV (I plan to upgrade the rear sacs to 400# each) and that the 14.25x14 is really more appropriate for the XLV or an extremely weighted down LSV.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

romoboco
01-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Al,what are you doing up this early in the morning? Kind of like me, can't sleep to much going on? The 13.75x15.75 OJ is a great prop for sea level that most people don't know about as it is not offered by SC. This will bring your holeshot up w/o exceeding the recommened WOT RPM . The 14.25x14 OJ is great at our elevation with a heavy loaded bigger boat, however may be overkill for your application and use when boat is lightly loaded. You might consider 1 400# bag and 1 750# bag for the surf side. People ask, how do you know when to stop filling? Well when boarding and the 400# starts dumping turn them both off. Bill

cab13367
01-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Al,what are you doing up this early in the morning? Kind of like me, can't sleep to much going on? The 13.75x15.75 OJ is a great prop for sea level that most people don't know about as it is not offered by SC. This will bring your holeshot up w/o exceeding the recommened WOT RPM . The 14.25x14 OJ is great at our elevation with a heavy loaded bigger boat, however may be overkill for your application and use when boat is lightly loaded. You might consider 1 400# bag and 1 750# bag for the surf side. People ask, how do you know when to stop filling? Well when boarding and the 400# starts dumping turn them both off. Bill
Bill,

Well, I am not quite the insomniac that the time stamp on my post would suggest :lol: It must be stamping Eastern time as I posted that around midnight last night.

Good suggestion but it does not seem that both bags fill at the same rate, maybe there is less resistance into one bag than the other based on how the tubing is routed? One could also eyeball how the boat is sitting in the water and adjust accordingly.

Thanks for the input.

Al