PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to buy an '08 Mobius LSV Yesterday......

AaronWhitt82
01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Well I went to the Chicago Boat Show yesterday. Spent a good deal of time at the Supra/Moomba booth. Got looking at the Outback V and the Mobius LSV. My Girlfriend and I decided we liked the LSV the best.
We talked to a Salesman for a while about the different options/ features and the best deal overall was the 4 options you can add for FREE, but it is Boat Show special only. The LSV on the floor had several added options and they were asking $43K boat show special. The Salesman tried talking us into signing a contract, but we decided against it. Due to a few financial issues right now it isn't the best time for us. Probably looking towards the middle of Summer or Fall. As bad as we wanted to order a new boat we just had to say no. They also didn't want to give us anywhere near the amount we were expecting for a trade in on our '99 Outback. They also suggested we'd be better off selling privately.
Now I"ve been stuck on playing with the boat builder trying to decide what options we want and also the colorizer. My Girlfriend is a big fan of Black, but I tried telling her it looks nice, but it hard to keep clean.
Hopefully there are some more good deals around come this Summer.....

KarMobLSV06
01-21-2008, 10:18 PM
I can understand your girlfriend's choice of a black boat. My first boat was black and tan and my 06 Mobius LSV is black. I just keep a coat of wax on it and wipe it off after every use and its pretty easy to keep looking new. I did have a problem with lime waterspots once but a little vinegar and water solution took it right off, then a coat of wax and it shined like new again.

Maybe put your '99 up for sale and look to pickup a 2006 or 2007 slightly used LSV. There have been a number of them for sale on this board. There were some changes in 2008 but it is pretty much the same boat as the 2006 and 2007 LSVs. They have the same hulls-with the deeper freeboard. I believe someone just sold an '06 for around $35k on this board.

Good Luck!

AaronWhitt82
01-21-2008, 11:19 PM
I can understand your girlfriend's choice of a black boat. My first boat was black and tan and my 06 Mobius LSV is black. I just keep a coat of wax on it and wipe it off after every use and its pretty easy to keep looking new. I did have a problem with lime waterspots once but a little vinegar and water solution took it right off, then a coat of wax and it shined like new again.

Maybe put your '99 up for sale and look to pickup a 2006 or 2007 slightly used LSV. There have been a number of them for sale on this board. There were some changes in 2008 but it is pretty much the same boat as the 2006 and 2007 LSVs. They have the same hulls-with the deeper freeboard. I believe someone just sold an '06 for around $35k on this board.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the input.

Yea the odd part is her favorite color is blue and so is mine, but as a color choice for a vehicle or a boat she likes black or charcoal or gray.
My color choice would be the Brittany Blue with Black and Platnium or Charcoal or gray. Goes together pretty good.
I don't have a problem keeping the boat clean and waxed as I'm pretty anal about that stuff.
I've been looking alot online at used 06's and 07's that are going for low to high 30's which isn't bad at all. We will probably end up doing that when we can agree on the color scheme!!! ...

:lol:

zegm
01-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Try this site www.boatshows.com and see if there will be some shows during the summer or spring that might give you some time to get things in order. We went to the dealer in June 2007 and test drove an outback V and almost bought it at that time but I promised my wife I would wait till this year. Also if you wait until April or May to sell your boat you will be in time with the "gotta buy a boat now fever" that spreads around at that time of the year. I too have to unload our old MasterCraft but I know I will get more for it then so I am waiting. So I know how you feel, luckily a week ago Sat. we ordered a LS at that Atlanta boat show. Now we have to wait another 6 weeks before we see it. I guess it is just a few rolls of fiberglass, a crated engine and a few buckets of resin on the shelf right now! Come on March!!!

zegm
01-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Ah forgot, we went Brittany Blue hull and side, love the Blue LSV on the site!!! With the Moomba block letters!

AaronWhitt82
01-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Try this site www.boatshows.com and see if there will be some shows during the summer or spring that might give you some time to get things in order. We went to the dealer in June 2007 and test drove an outback V and almost bought it at that time but I promised my wife I would wait till this year. Also if you wait until April or May to sell your boat you will be in time with the "gotta buy a boat now fever" that spreads around at that time of the year. I too have to unload our old MasterCraft but I know I will get more for it then so I am waiting. So I know how you feel, luckily a week ago Sat. we ordered a LS at that Atlanta boat show. Now we have to wait another 6 weeks before we see it. I guess it is just a few rolls of fiberglass, a crated engine and a few buckets of resin on the shelf right now! Come on March!!!

Yea I know what you mean about the "Spring Fever" which would be a good time to put her up on the market and see what I can get for it. End of Feb. and March is usually the best time here in N. Central IL. I want just want to make sure when I sell it that I already have another boat picked out so I don't have to wait.

Congratulations on the new LS!! I was debating on going with another direct drive, but decided against it and decided it's time for a V drive. Lots more room with the V, but the best thing I love about the DD is that they are alot easier to work on..... Good choice on the Brittany Blue color scheme as well!! I bet you can't wait to take delivery on her now.....

Aaron

deerfield
01-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Aaron - How are you feeling? Recovered? Am hoping you can fully enjoy the upcoming season. We plan on spending most, but not all, of our boating time this summer on Twin Lakes (Illinois/Wisconsin border). Picked this lake because it's not too far from our home and can keep the boat on a lift. Have never done this before. Pretty much always trailered our boat each time we went out. We bought a lot on a lake in Jo Daviess County, not far from Galena. We'll go there a couple times this season but are not in a position right now to build anything. Last season was good. This one looks to be even better. Hey, this year the Chicago area Moomba/Supra jamboree is scheduled for the weekend of July 26. Think about driving up here with your girl friend. Bring your boat. Had a great time last year. Ed G might come up from Florida to show us how to wakesurf. - Deerfield

zegm
01-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Aaron,

We were counting weeks last year while waiting for the boat show, now we are counting minutes. We won't pull anyone right away when she shows up but just a couple of hours ago I saw 2 bassboats heading out and I started thinking about the LS again and how I wished I was out there!

AaronWhitt82
01-24-2008, 01:51 AM
Aaron - How are you feeling? Recovered? Am hoping you can fully enjoy the upcoming season. We plan on spending most, but not all, of our boating time this summer on Twin Lakes (Illinois/Wisconsin border). Picked this lake because it's not too far from our home and can keep the boat on a lift. Have never done this before. Pretty much always trailered our boat each time we went out. We bought a lot on a lake in Jo Daviess County, not far from Galena. We'll go there a couple times this season but are not in a position right now to build anything. Last season was good. This one looks to be even better. Hey, this year the Chicago area Moomba/Supra jamboree is scheduled for the weekend of July 26. Think about driving up here with your girl friend. Bring your boat. Had a great time last year. Ed G might come up from Florida to show us how to wakesurf. - Deerfield

Deerfield - Good news is my femur bone is 100% healed up exactly how it should be and it only took about 3 months..... Bad news is that the muscle in my leg near the knee area is still not 100% to strength and is giving me some problems along with pain. The Dr. thinks the 2 screws near the knee that were used to hold the rod in place are adjatating the muscle. Good thing is that they can be removed and aren't permanent, but I'm going to wait on that unless I absolutely have to do it. Just going to continue to work with it and try to get it back to 100% before the season gets here....

Sounds like you have it made for the Summer. I wouldn't mind making a few trips up there myself. What lake is that near Galena you have the lot on? Hopefully this Spring the Weather will cooperate and there won't be any flooding, but it's hard to say the way this Winter has been. If so might have to trailer her to some Lakes.
Jamboree sounds like a great time. I'm going to plan on that for sure. Where is it being held?
The last weekend in May is the first event around here on the IL River at Ottawa. The Midwest Militia will be hosting their "May Demo Days" then the 1st weekend in August will the the Boot Camp Competition. Looking forward to that. - Aaron

AaronWhitt82
01-24-2008, 01:57 AM
Aaron,

We were counting weeks last year while waiting for the boat show, now we are counting minutes. We won't pull anyone right away when she shows up but just a couple of hours ago I saw 2 bassboats heading out and I started thinking about the LS again and how I wished I was out there!

I hear ya on that one. Wish I was out there right now (or not) Current temp is 2 degrees with wind chill -15 and supposed to get to -25 later tonight. The River I ride on is currently flooded and jammed with ice. Give it til maybe end of April, middle of May before I'll be getting out there...... COME ON SPRING!!!!

zegm
01-24-2008, 08:19 AM
It was in the lower 60's yesterday when they went out, however last weekend we did see 26 one night!

LARGECAR
01-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Hang in there, you will be better off selling yours out right, I sold our 98 Mobius this way and got $3000 better than trade in. But, it took 4 months.As far as new boats go shop around, I found an 07 LSV fully loaded 2 hrs for $41000. Bad part,(there always is) 900 mile trip in december to pic it up. Keep shopping & you will find a good deal.

Sled491
01-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Deerfield, where did you get that date July 26th? I'm looking forward to the Jamboree again. Too bad you couldn't get started on the lake place this year. We started roughing ours this fall, and it'skilling me that it won't be done until the fall at best but more likely next spring.

PS if you guys get really board head over to the Golf Farm down by the Fox lakes on Route 12, the snowcorss racing will keep you thrilled enough for now. :wink:

deerfield
01-26-2008, 11:40 PM
sled - Guys like you who do it all put me to shame. Given the logistics of your building situation, the progress on your house looks great. Some day I'll have a lake vacation home too. In the meantime, this summer we'll divide our play time between a rented slip at Twin Lakes and our lot at Apple Canyon Lake. Right now I'm looking for a used boat lift. With respect to the Chicagoland Jamboree, I got the Saturday, July 26, date from Chris at Ultimate Wake Watersports. We visited at the Chicago boat show last week and then called him to confirm I had the right date in my calendar. Per Chris, he is expecting more boats this year (twenty?) and parking will be a premium. Plan on getting there early. My winter projects are surface mount led underwater lights and a second battery. Check out the lighting idea on www.oceanled.com Pretty cool. - Deerfield

Sled491
01-27-2008, 12:06 AM
I really like the light idea, where are you planning on installing them? I liked the idea as soon as I saw them in the new V's. Why the second battery? Did the boys kill the cranking battery listening to tunes? I need to install the polks I bought for the cab, and finish installing my depth guage actually just the transducer. I was also thinking about putting in a sub and amp, but that is a very big maybe.

As far as the lake house goes, its hours every weekend and humping materials in the dark 2 nights a week. It's moving as many trusses as I could lift by myself Thanksgiving day. If I can find it, I'll post the pic my brother in law took of us crossing the channel in November through 4 inches of ice and a snow storm with my barge :lol:

deerfield
01-27-2008, 01:02 AM
sled - With the fuel tank located in the stern of the Outback, use a surface mount rather than thru hull application. Position the lights below the water line. I'll put the lights at the lowest point possible on the stern and fairly wide apart from each other. The second battery will allow us to sit after sunset dead in the water with the lights and sound system on without having to worry about power when we are ready to crank the engine. Would love to see pictures of your house project. - Deerfield

Sled491
01-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Deerfield,
So you are going to put these on the outside of the boat? If so how are you going to wire them? Aren't you worried about them getting ripped off from the constant wash from the water?

deerfield
01-27-2008, 12:39 PM
sled - Yup. They are mounted outside the hull. No, they will not get ripped off by the water current. At planing speed they are above the water flow. Only at slower speed and no speed are they below the water line. I'll get back to you on the wiring. - Deerfield