PDA

View Full Version : Moomba vs Others

SEARK
01-20-2008, 01:01 PM
I went to the boat show in Little Rock yesterday. After walking around and looking at all the other boats it just reaffirmed my decision to buy a Moomba. When I was looking for a boat last year I did most of my compairsons on the internet and cost was the biggest factor in buying. I only looked at one boat in person and that was the Moomba. That pretty much did it for me, Moomba Mobius LS was it.
Yesterday I got to look at Malibu and Nautique and I am sure glad I went with Moomba. The look of the Moomba was much more impressive as was the price. The others may have had a "fancier" instrument panel but that was about it. I gotta say if your looking for a new boat and haven't made up your mind on what to get, my personal opinion is you can't beat the Moomba.

Just my opinion. :)

zegm
01-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Congradulations!
We went to the Atlanta Boat show last weekend and ordered a Mobius LS!
Hard decision between it and an Outback V. Scheduled to be ready sometime in early March.
I also agree with you I cannot find the 10 to 20k price difference. We have a old MasterCraft now and it used to be their philosphy but now its all about the BlingBling and that doesn't help me ski anybetter!

KarMobLSV06
01-20-2008, 06:34 PM
After 2 years with my 2006 Mobius LSV I feel you can't go wrong with Moomba.

I was reluctant at first with the Moombas when I started shopping. I had a 1983 Ski Supreme as my first boat and my inlaws have had ski Supremes, Mastercraft and Ski Nautiques. I had seen the Moomba's on the lake and did not like th low free board on the 2005 Mobius LSV, felt as though we were sitting on the floor. This was my preference rather than a knock on how well built they are. As soon as I saw the 2006 Mobius LSV with the deeper freeboard and seat height-I ordered the boat.

I took about 6 months looking at used Super Air Nautiques and Malibu Wakesetters etc. It finally came down to the fact that the Mobius LSV was the only boat that offered everything I wanted, and as a bonus-the best price. They have pretty much the same components as the other manufacturers, most importantly the Indmar engines, just not as much bling, but better functionality IMO.

I wanted a wakeboard boat with ballast, tower, plenty of room and towing power, storage and ability to shape/customize the wake (wakeplate). The used Super Air's didn't have the wakeplate, the Malibus had the wedge but not adjustable and they were at least 2 years old at the price of a new Moomba. I considered the Tige and Centurion but felt the Moomba was the best choice from what I researched and had never seen anyone on the lake with their boats.

No regrets here and do not expect any down the road. Every year there are more and more Moomba's at the lake-that's a good sign as well. I guess others are figuring it out too.

You'll enjoy your Moombas for many years to come-with no regrets!

YellowMoomba0
01-21-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm 90% sure I am selling my 04 Outback. Never really thought about doing that. All of a sudden I got bored at work and used the colorizer on an 08 and then the boat builder. Point is, I am going from an Outback to an Outback. At our ski hole we use my 04 Outback, a 99 Natique, an 02 Nautique, an 04 Respons LXI, and an 07 MasterCraft X-7 and a 93 MasterCraft. Each is a great boat, I actually have no preference, so long as it is one of the ones listed above. We rotate boats to let everyone share in the overall cost of gas. One thing is for sure, performance is no different for me. I ski 28 off at 34mph behind all of them Therefore, why not keep the money.

Sled491
01-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Every time out we take some time to cruise up to differnet friends piers for a chit chat, you know, how was your pull, did you see what the HO's are planning now, water level too high, water level too low. Anyways we always pull away with big heads from all the compliments about our boat. I've never been ashamed of the brand name and in fact one of my best friends beat me to the punch by buying an Outback the year beofre us based on how much I raved about the product. He has never regretted the purchase either.

Someday when I'm rich and Famous I might move to a Supra, but only because of the bling not the boat

smokedog2
01-22-2008, 10:24 PM
If I had waited a year I could have gotten the new bigger LSV.

Not worth it.

100 of the best hours I have ever spent.

Now about those kayaks - I'm leaning toward two of the Heritage 9.5 feather weights.

Anyone actually own one?

Sled491
01-22-2008, 10:31 PM
I just checked out a Swift Kiwassa 12.6 at the Toronto Boat show. I don't what your price range is, but what an awsum Kayak, I'm thinking of getting one myself.

KarMobLSV06
01-23-2008, 11:37 AM
I've been checking out sit on top kayaks and found this site
http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/

May be useful. Enjoy!

KarMobLSV06
01-23-2008, 11:37 AM
I've been checking out sit on top kayaks and found this site
http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/

May be useful. Enjoy!

Sled491
01-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Very good website, thanks

ajmoritz17
01-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Wow I am so happy to hear all these good things about moomba...I just bought a 08 all white lsv. Having never been pulled by one or even on one it was a tough purchase. I searched the used market like a madman for a longtime before I gave up. It seemed that every boat I looked @ that had all the things I wanted out of a wakeboard boat was almost the price of a new lsv with everything I needed. My friends are making me nervous telling me negative things about the moombas that I'm sure all of you have heard. So I can't wait to put the boat in the water and hopefully prove them wrong!
________
home made vaporizer (http://homemadevaporizers.info)

moombadaze
01-25-2008, 11:01 AM
ajmoritz17

do any of your friends own a moomba buildt in the last 5 years? if not tell them to shut up or pay up for a "better" boat and when you do take them out and there haveing a awsome time then ask what is negative about your moomba. anybody want to quess what there answer will be? wow i cant believe this boat is so good and then you will smile cause you just saved 10-15k over that "better" boat. now im very pro moomba in case you cant tell.

enjoy

stacy

deerfield
01-25-2008, 11:54 AM
ajmoritz17 - Welome to the Moomba family. Ordered our Outback at the boat show a year ago. Previously owned a Nautique, which I loved but sold to help pay for grad school. Twenty years later, married, three sons, I got back into the boat market. Thought I would buy a used closed bow Nautique. Then I stumbled into a dealer that sells both lines. Primary use is water skiing (me). My sons are beginner wakeboarders. Their friends like to tube. Needed room for people and stuff. The Outback with tower, racks, ballast, heater, sound system, and dual axle trailer does it all for our family. The Indmar 325 EFI engine is flawless. No regrets not spending $15,000 more for a Nautique. Used the extra money to buy a lot on a private lake where we hope to build a vacation home. A very, very satisfied Moomba owner with absolutely no regrets. - Deerfield

KarMobLSV06
01-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Everyone, even Ski NotQuite and Mastercrap owners, that have been pulled, surfed or just ridden in my 2006 LSV have been very impressed with the boat. One Ski NotQuite owner's wife said, "I want one of these!" She likes the roominess, the tunes/tower speakers, and especially the heaters and docking lights for night cruises. Her husband the engineer says it is basically the same as his Ski NotQuite.

Alot of people assume there is something inferior in a Moomba because of the price compared to other manufacturers. I think it comes from the late 90's Moomba had a model the Boomerang that was very stripped down, entry level slalom boat, that don't even compare with models of the past few years, IMO. My neighbor has an older Boomerang, it has a plexi glass windshield and very low freeboard that other owners easily took shots at it's appearance. When I first saw it, I owned a 1983 Ski Supreme at the time, I thought it looked cheap. He loves it and it is a great slalom boat, serves his purpose just fine, he probably has it paid off too! He wanted a less expensive tow boat for the slalom course-and that is what he got. That was Moombas strategy. I heard bad things about Malibus when they first came out.

Moombas now have the same major components, just without so much bling and advertising/sponsorship overhead built up over the years, of the other manufacturers. They have used a low price to penetrate the market and have gradually improved their lineup of boats over the years.

I am sure you and your friends will be very happy with your LSV plus you'll have more money than them for gas! Once they see your boat, the urban legends they've heard about Moombas will no longer drive their opinions. They'll just want to drive your boat.

Enjoy!

ajmoritz17
01-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Again its comforting to hear all the satisfied moomba owners. I'll be sure to post everyones views after i get them in and behind it!
________
mexico city hotels (http://mexicocityhotel.info)

zabooda
01-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Friends are like politicians if they can't back their statements with facts then tell them to stfu. Respond to trash with trash. In the 1980's, a friend had a Malibu Skier and we would have a contest on who could flex the ski pylon the most. Malibu has changed since then and so has Moomba since the Boomrang days. In fact, it was a ride behind a Boomrang that got me interested in looking at Moomba.