PDA

View Full Version : Z Cargo Bimini

cab13367
01-15-2008, 02:33 AM
I've seen a lot of excitement over the Z cargo bimini on this forum lately but I'm not sure I'm sold on it. Yeah, it looks good. But some issues I see are; you can't stow it and sometimes I don't want any shade; if you put wet wakeboards or skis up there, it will drip down onto the cabin; it makes it that much harder to knock the tower down and put the boat away; it's pricey ($1695?). What am I missing? I know the Supras has had this option for a while. Does anyone have any direct experience with it that could provide some first hand feedback?

Thanks,

Al

KarMobLSV06
01-15-2008, 04:49 PM
I agree. I like the look and would like a place to stow wake surf boards but I do not always want shade either. They seem to be large and cumbersome to detatch. I wonder where they drain. Right ontop of the driver?

Anyone out there tht has one? Let us know your experience.

A $200 wakesurf rack from Dbot5 that holds 2 boards is sooooooo much less expensive. I wish my 06 LSV came with the Black regular Bimini, that would have been nice too.

davidl
01-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Hi Al, This is a differant style your talking about compared to my new LSV I believe mine will fold back. Are we talking about the tube frame fixed mount? David

cab13367
01-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. Moomba calls it the z cargo bimini.

Al

dtlaine
01-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Where can I find a picture of the Z Cargo Bimini?

KarMobLSV06
01-16-2008, 06:41 PM
I "built" a 2008 LSV on this website and Moomba sent me a 2008 brochure that has a picture of the z cargo bimini for 2008. It shows that it does tilt down to access the storage ontop of it. I never knwew it did that.

I haven't looked to see if there is a .pdf of this bochure on the site or not-may be, check it out.

Pretty expensive option, and not sure of practicality if you don't want a top up all the time...but very cool looking and great for even more storage especially for wake surf boards.

cab13367
01-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Hover your mouse on "2008 Boats" above then click on Mobius LSV.

dtlaine
01-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Hover your mouse on "2008 Boats" above then click on Mobius LSV.

Thank you. That's a nice looking girl, too.

zegm
01-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Yeah it is shown on the LSV pictures, you can even see one of it pivoting. There was one on an LSV at the Atlanta show. I went to get a coke and when I returned I couldn't find my wife. Then I looked up and there she was pivoting the z-cargo bimini top on that LSV. She yelled at me to come look at this top and she the one who wanted to save some money said "order this option!!!" So I deleted the free bimini off the pick 4, substituted a logo cover and marked it down as an option we were ordering. She had no problems showing me how we were going to put kneeboards, wakeboards and tubes up there. It also sealed the deal with the LS as you can't get it on an outback. I was also impressed with the engineering of it! Living here in Florida we take all the shade we can get!

Northofthe49th
01-17-2008, 02:04 AM
Wow nice option

Hey was that a shot to all of us northerners about needing shade,
Are you rubbing it in. :cry:
Ahh so jealous. :P
For now :?
Right now we are shoveling snow but in about 10 yrs my Palm trees will
as big as yours and my lake will be full of water see ya in 10 or so. :lol: :lol: :lol: