PDA

View Full Version : looking at a 2007 OB V holdover

jmvotto
01-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Looking to join the family, I have been monitoring the site for some time, great info. Need some advice on some options, tower speakers,heater,depth finder, rear transome remote. Better as factory add- ons or do it yourself.

Also, been a skier all my life, slalom and barefoot, learned in 07 to WB. Need advice on a board, currently on an Obrien Demented 141 with recoil. I am a novice but look to get better soon. is tough to teach an old dog new tricks.

Buttafewcoe
01-15-2008, 08:52 AM
An 'ol dog mesef, jm, but hasn't let that stop me. Out first board was an O'Brien Ambush 141. Quickly outgrew that and started buying Liquid Force.
At 180 lbs and 5'10", I ride an Evolution 138 w/ Elements. This is my 3rd season with it and it's still in good shape. Son, 180 lbs, 6'1", rides a Substance 138 w/ Sphinx. Bought his same day I bought mine. He's hard on equipment though. Tantrum, Scarecrow, 540's...just to name a few he throws down. His has held up really well, also. I'd buy LF again.
Hope this helps
B

04OUTBACK
01-15-2008, 09:34 AM
All of those can be added post factory. Transom remote and tower speakers are doable after fact. there is a good thread on here about how to run the wires for the tower speakers. Transom remote is more trouble of running wire from back to front than anything.. I hear. Depth finders are fairly easy to install, several posts on here as well.
Main thing I would focus on dealer would be heater. I would not want to tackle that. But does not have to be factory..

jmvotto
01-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Buttafewcoe Thanksfor the Advise I will look into LF boards

04Outback glad to hear the clean bill of health, could you direct me to the tower speakers wiring thread.

thx

04OUTBACK
01-15-2008, 05:06 PM
JesseC has some great links to work he has done. Here is the link to his tower speaker project: http://lisaandjesse.5u.com/MoombaTowerProject/index.htm
https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=4694&highlight=tower+speaker

tazz3069
01-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Try to get a hold of Jesse. He has great ideas and can help you through the install. Hes helped me in the past. Its great to have people like him on this sight.
Tazz

jmvotto
01-15-2008, 11:56 PM
thanks for the thread, when i get my moomba I will defintely look up jesse. Great link and photos

JesseC
01-16-2008, 03:49 PM
thanks for the thread, when i get my moomba I will defintely look up jesse. Great link and photos

Let me know what you need help with! There are a lot of options out there, you just have to decide how much you are willing to spend!!!