PDA

View Full Version : My Lil Red Boat

GeauxTigers
01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Hey! I figured it out. I went and picked her up in Las Vegas this past Saturday. It's a 2007 Mobius LSV. We did all the paperwork in Vegas to avoid registering in CA and then having to re-register again in Utah. The ride back was interesting.... in a snowstorm part of the way back. Boy, she looks sweet and can't wait for the Spring thaw to get her out there. I will post a few more pics when I get a chance to dump my camera out.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/kblnsbts/IMG_3510.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/kblnsbts/IMG_3510.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/kblnsbts/IMG_3511.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/kblnsbts/IMG_3512.jpg

moombadaze
01-07-2008, 06:22 PM
:D
looks good--you will enjoy that

any strange looks from others towing a ski boat in a snow storm?

stacy

deerfield
01-07-2008, 07:40 PM
GeauxTigers - Great lookin' boat! Red is good. Welcome to the Moomba family. - Deerfield

hiqualityH2O
01-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Very sweet ride GT - Congrats! Nice how the building and curb add to the shot!

MasterMind3002
01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Gotta love that red! Nice ride.............enjoy!!

GeauxTigers
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM
:D
looks good--you will enjoy that

any strange looks from others towing a ski boat in a snow storm?

stacy

Yup... definitely got the strange looks. Funny thing was; the son in law of one of my neighbors was apparently heading up the road and told his mother in law that he saw an awesome red boat being towed up I-15. Some comments about how crazy that was... she knows us and knew that I was coming back with it so she told them about me going to pick it up.
Small world, eh?

KarMobLSV06
01-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Looks like you chose good colors...OSU's.

Go Bucks!

Nice looking boat! Enjoy! We love ours!

04OUTBACK
01-07-2008, 10:21 PM
love the all red! Congrats.. you'll love it...
get your breakin done before it's warm enough to ride so you don't waste a couple of weeknds doing that in summer..

back to the game... Geaux Tigers! they just tied it up!

GeauxTigers
01-08-2008, 01:46 AM
Looks like you chose good colors...OSU's.

Go Bucks!

Nice looking boat! Enjoy! We love ours!

Ha! Purple and Gold would have been just awful for a boat. The Buckeyes self destructed! Just like I t hought they would!

KarMobLSV06
01-08-2008, 02:11 AM
A little home-town, jambalaya, and most importantly refereeing cooking down there tonight. Give them 30 yards in BS calls to jump start their offense then the flags get stuck in their pockets the rest of the night.

At least you have a good choice in boats!

I sure as h*e*l*l would not buy a purple and gold boat either-just plain ugly, just like the homers reffing the game tonight.

Sled491
01-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Very nice, hope you get lots of use out of her. Hope they don't use salt on the highways there, stuff gets into everything and just starts eating away at your new baby. Trust me, had a bad experience with that once moving my old boat mid winter from dealer back to storage...bottom line no pretty.

Love the Red though, I would have thought go Badgers but they didn't fair so well this year :oops:

GeauxTigers
01-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Very nice, hope you get lots of use out of her. Hope they don't use salt on the highways there, stuff gets into everything and just starts eating away at your new baby. Trust me, had a bad experience with that once moving my old boat mid winter from dealer back to storage...bottom line no pretty.

Love the Red though, I would have thought go Badgers but they didn't fair so well this year :oops:

Stopped by the local car wash and hosed her down before putting away. She was shrink wrapped. The kids and I pulled the wrap off and towel dried and got any remaining grime off her Sunday after I got back. They loved being involved with helping Dad! She is sitting in the garage looking pretty paitently waiting for the warmer months!

pickle311
01-09-2008, 01:39 PM
nice boat and GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!! I'm a diehard fan, I lived in Baton Rouge for 25 years and my wife went to LSU. The Buckeyes didn't stand a chance and everyone knew it. You can't beat the top SEC team when all you have prepared for all year was pillow fights. The big 10 has got to schedule some real games one day if they want to compete.

GeauxTigers
01-10-2008, 09:46 AM
I agree pickle.... go to ESPN.com... they are real humble now.

KarMobLSV06
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm an Alumni of OSU and a season ticket holder of 6 seats-pay way too much on tickets every spring for the upcoming season. More and more we're missing games to be at the lake. I wish they would schedule better games too, so I could sell my tickets more easily when needed and possibly make some money to help pay for gas for the boats.

I believe the last time LSU played OSU IN Ohio-they got beat. It was my Froshman year at OSU, a great comeback game.

Funny story, my extremely drunk roommate left early as a disguisted fan. We couldn't find him anywhere after the victory until he called from downtown needing bailed out at about 2:00 AM. He had passed out in the bushes outside the stadium with his leather "Bota Bag" (flask) around his neck. He got thrown in the paddywagon for public intoxication-idiot. He couldn't even make it the 3 blocks back to the dorm room. When I hear LSU I think of that game-fortunately.

I'm not going to argue College Football points with you on this Moomba forum, enough of that on other forums. I should have known better than to say anything OSU to a user name Geaux Tigers. My user name is about my boat on this forum.

Have fun with your new boat. It is a great looking boat! I couldn't talk my wife into red b/c everyone we boat with have red boats. Plus we already had a black tow vehicle. Moomba's red is the best red I have seen though. Maybe the next one will be red!

Enjoy!!!

04OUTBACK
01-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Is it me or does Double Axle trailers make an LSV look longer/bigger?
They seem to look so much better on D/A Trailers than S/A trailers..

GeauxTigers
01-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Funny story, my extremely drunk roommate left early as a disguisted fan. We couldn't find him anywhere after the victory until he called from downtown needing bailed out at about 2:00 AM. He had passed out in the bushes outside the stadium with his leather "Bota Bag" (flask) around his neck. He got thrown in the paddywagon for public intoxication-idiot. He couldn't even make it the 3 blocks back to the dorm room. When I hear LSU I think of that game-fortunately.

Have fun with your new boat. It is a great looking boat! I couldn't talk my wife into red b/c everyone we boat with have red boats. Plus we already had a black tow vehicle. Moomba's red is the best red I have seen though. Maybe the next one will be red!

Enjoy!!!

Ahh... those were the days weren't they? I shudder at the the thought of the things I did at that age! I am amazed that I am still alive. The only good that came out of that is that I am now better prepared with the antics that my children will throw my way when their time comes!
Funny that your wife did not want red, this was her pick! LOL! And to be honest with you, the firdst time I even associated it with OSU colors was when you mentioned it :). GeauxTigers or some variation of that is my forum name in MANY other forums for boating, trucks, mountain climbing etc..... I am not a fanatic, just a fan and alumn. BTW, did I mention I also like the Saints????

KarMobLSV06
01-11-2008, 03:55 PM
My roommate that was in the bushes-he's a Saints fan too! He liked the Huston Oilers growing up and when Bum Phillips (I think that was the outlandish coach that always wore a cowboy hat) went to the Saints-he became a Saints fan and still is to this day!

My oldest is turning 18 today and he says it is unlucky to have young parents because we still remember what all we did and can more easily bust him.

It's hard to be a boater and a fanatic fan because I always want to be at the lake on beautifula fall Saturdays, while we still have the weather.

I made the decision on what boat to buy and all of the meaningful options, so I let my wife feel she was a part of the process by letting her have input on the colors. LOL Don't tell her.

04 Outback , I was told the single axle trailers were easier to push around the driveway (more importantly into the garage) than a double axle so I went with the single axle. I trailer it 5 1/2 hours one way from Ohio to southern Ky probably 5 times a year at the most and the single axle has done well so far. I have always questioned my decision though.

SEARK
01-13-2008, 11:39 AM
I like your color selection but, I'd rather call it Razorback red.

GO HOGS :lol:

GeauxTigers
01-14-2008, 01:07 PM

Ohhh! that hurt!

I gotta tell you... I never thought I would take this much flack for the color I bought. The funny thing is that neither my wife or I gave it a second thought when we saw it. We both loved the color. Most of all, we knew we wanted a Moomba, the options were right and being an 07 leftover, the price was unbeatable! So we went for it.

I could always fly an LSU flag when I take it out but that would be just too Coonass! Wouldn't it???
LOL!

pickle311
01-14-2008, 01:53 PM

Ohhh! that hurt!

I gotta tell you... I never thought I would take this much flack for the color I bought. The funny thing is that neither my wife or I gave it a second thought when we saw it. We both loved the color. Most of all, we knew we wanted a Moomba, the options were right and being an 07 leftover, the price was unbeatable! So we went for it.

I could always fly an LSU flag when I take it out but that would be just too Coonass! Wouldn't it???
LOL!

that's funny because my mom sent me and LSU boat flag for Chirstmas. Coonass or not, I will be flying it.

SEARK
01-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry, that Razorback remark must have touched a nerve. :lol:

GeauxTigers
01-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry, that Razorback remark must have touched a nerve. :lol:

Yeah... can you say triple OT?
:roll: