PDA

View Full Version : Outback V Owners

BHT412
01-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I currently have a 03 Tige 21’ DD and thinking about moving into the 08 Outback V. The setup I have in my Tige is 900 lbs of ballast and we board at 22 mph and 70’ line length. Wake is decent size and has a nice lip on it but is very wide. The beam on the Tige is 102” which explains why the wake is so wide. I really like the wakes behind Mastercraft’s X1 and SAN 210 but way out of my price range. Can you give me an idea of what size and shape of wake I should be able to get out of the Outback V? Would hate to make the change and be disappointed. Thanks!

smokedog2
01-04-2008, 08:17 PM
You will not be disappointed.

I have that boat, same hull as my 05 LSV. I ride a lot with a 21’ Supra and a 22’ Supra. The 22’ has a clear edge surfing, other than that you can pretty much dial in what you want with a little weight (few 100#).

I’m afraid I have yet to run a tape measure on the wake. The wake is much bigger than an ’89 DD Supra a friend had before the 21’ V if that helps.

pjtatro
01-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Make sure you ride behind the boat before you buy it, that is the best way to avoid disappointment. I am sure the Outback V has a great wake, but I would never buy a boat before I hit the wake a few times to make sure I liked it. Most reputable dealers will take you out for a test pull.

smokedog2
01-05-2008, 04:02 PM
What he said, Of course I didn't even drive the boat when I bought mine.

BHT412
01-05-2008, 07:29 PM
I’ve never purchased a boat without trying it first but this time might be a little different. The Los Angeles Boat Show is in early February and sometimes they will have great deals on boats. January is not the best month to go out wakeboarding so trying to get your opinions and experiences on the Outback V wake. Just in case there is a deal that is to good to pass up.

Buttafewcoe
01-05-2008, 08:32 PM
I did get a chance to ride in an OB before I bought mine, but did not ride in the one I bought till after the deposit was placed at the boat show and b4 I took delivery (salesman insisted). Not by design, mind you, just the way timing and such had worked out.
I had been building a relationship with me sales dude for a year b4, and had confidence they (he, them, it) would make good on any concern I may have had. I think after scoping (stalking more like it (that's funny right there)), for that long, I felt pretty good about what I was getting into.
Chad @ Westport Marine in Denver, NC more than lived up to my expectations.
Hope this helps
B

Nafplio
01-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Here is a pic with no ballast, 2 adults and 4 kids on the boat, wakeplate all the way down, and 18-19mph at 65':
http://inlinethumb64.webshots.com/38783/2858561230079687796S600x600Q85.jpg (http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2858561230079687796rEwIYb)

With the wakeplate up, the wake gets steep. Add ballast and it gets pretty nice. I recommend the tripple ballast, wakeplate, and PP. By the time you add tower, racks, etc, you are at the new LSV range. Hope this helps.

blueboard
03-12-2008, 05:58 PM
I think the Outback is a great boat, but if what you are looking for is wakeboarding I would steer towards the mobius vlx, or xlv. Once you set up the Outback the way you want it, your going to be in the same price range as well. Outback was built to be more of a ski boat then a wakeboard boat. Then again maybe I am on the wrong form! :D

zegm
04-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Once we added all of the options to the Outback V we ended up about 500 bucks more than a Mobius LS, so we got the LS, bigger boat and newer hull design.