PDA

View Full Version : depth finder

drewdwn
01-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I have a outback and want to a add a depth finder, any suggestions?

KarMobLSV06
01-12-2008, 06:41 PM
I added a depth finder to my old Ski Supreme. The Humminbird with in hull puck tansducer. Overton's product #75681 in black or white. I bought on for my father-in-law last year too for his Ski NotQuite.

They are pretty easy to install. Hardest part is running the wires for the transducer to the back of the boat. I drilled a hole in my battery box on the Ski Supreme, it was closed bow. You should be able to find wires running back that you can use as a guide. If you don't have a blank gauge on your dash the next hardest thing is drilling the hole in your dash/cockpit area.

I would tape the transducer to the bottom of the hull and test to be sure that you get accurate readings before you permanently glue it to the hull. You want it in a place in the hull where there is not much disturbance so you can get accurate readings while running. Typically as close to the center right under or next to the drive shaft in the hull. It is best to test it before you break out the epoxy.

Good Luck.

yearround
01-12-2008, 08:45 PM
my preference is the faria model with depth and temp (water and air). in my previous boat, i put this in because i did not have a water temp gauge. i am sure the butta will say to stick yer toe in and if it is cold, pull it out?

if you don't want to drill holes in the transom, which i totally understand, then the humminbird is great.

Buttafewcoe
01-13-2008, 05:23 AM
I would say it, but ya beat me to it
:D
B

jmvotto
01-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Anybody know the model that SC installs stock Faria or hummingbird?

Ed, what is the name of the hand held depth finder and where can one pick one up.

JV

zegm
01-30-2008, 12:35 AM
I have a very nice Garmin Blue model on my MasterCraft now and plan on keeping it. After an incident with a stump and oh of course the alligator that decided to check out my wife I have to have one. However!!! I will not or can not drill holes in the transom of our new Moomba to mount an external transducer. I will order a thru hull transducer from Garmin (75.00 dollars) and install it in the location of the factory one inside the boat. I might even see if the factory transducer will work with the Garmin. Luckily for me I work with some Sonar geeks and they said if I take them boating this summer...............!

ajmoritz17
01-30-2008, 10:48 AM
does perfect pass have a depth finder integrated in the sys.?
________
Kawasaki KX250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_KX250)