PDA

View Full Version : Boat Lift

OldeBoy
12-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Does anyone use this type of boat lift? Comments?

http://www.airdock.com/frame_1.htm

gdubb
12-19-2007, 11:51 PM
I think this would be a good way to lift where I dock but I would like to see them dock in rough water. By looking at this I dont think that there is any way that I would be able to hold my boat and keep it on. Let me know if anyone gets one.

Laz
12-20-2007, 12:21 AM
It looks quite clever. My boat stays in the water during the summer and gets quite a bit of algae.

I'd like to know if someone is using this. It looks it would cost more than $2000.

zegm
12-20-2007, 12:26 AM
After going to the site and looking at the pictures of the inboards and the description of using a matt to protect the fins I would have to say "I don't like it!" This product would work great on a I/O or Outboard but it is putting pressure on the prop strut and the fins and they were designed for that.

zegm
12-20-2007, 12:45 AM
upppssss weren't

were not!

edwindenijs
12-20-2007, 04:45 PM
I am looking for a e mail on their web site but cant find it.

I sure want to know more, looks oke with me, only the fin (and prop) thing is tricky!!

can someone out in the us get an e mail adres for me, I from the netherlands and try to phone them but it did not work.

I wish you all a merry christmas and happy new year, from the netherlands!!

BensonWdby
12-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Wonder about taking it out in the winter? resistance to UV? reliability of blower?

I would have to see one in action before I would consider it.

Sled491
12-22-2007, 08:11 PM
I've seen ones in use in Arkansas, however they were a little more engineered than this one. They worked awsum and saved on the old lift crank wheel action. I could see a use with really deep slips.

BLKOUTLS
12-23-2007, 03:35 AM
Its a great concept but its inboard challenged. I looked at this when I
was looking for a lift and I end up getting a Shore Station instead. My
neighbor did get one he thought I was was nuts for looking at it originally and uses it with his Centurion. His tracking fins have won on quite a few occasions. We have water levels that go up and down which
makes it hard. Also you have to pull or push the boat onto it rather
then motor on. When levels change the tension to the anchor points need
adjustment and bladders are tough adjust during the heat of summer.
If you have an IO it probably would work great but an inboard not so great.

OldeBoy
06-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I actually purchased one for my Boomerang. I have been using it for over a month. My GF and I were able to launch it at my dock ourselfs without getting in the water. It takes 2-4 minutes to raise the boat. I am using the full frame that they sell as a kit. my pier slip is in about 5-6 feet of water at a community pier.
I'll try to keep you updated as the summer progresses.