PDA

View Full Version : knoxville, TN

03outbackVT
12-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Curious how many folks out there are in the Knoxville area? I just got a job offer in the area and will most likely be moving down in March. Lots of water and a long boating season, just a little different from Vermont ;-)

The only negative is that I do not know a single person in the area.....calling all boarders and wakesurfers....... :lol:

Buttafewcoe
12-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Three hrs away from Knoxville, east on I-40, Hickory NC. Go thru there, 3-4 times a year.
Love going thru the Gorge, beautiful scenery.
I've been on Dale Hollow and Center Hill, both excellent, I perfer Center Hill to Dale Hollow. idk, just 'seems' better. They'll be three hrs west of you, tho, give er take. The French Broad River looks like a great place to board. Prolly several good lakes around, eh?
The Moombas are built just south of Knoxville, in Maryville.
Excellent part of the country. If you're a city dweller, it'll take some getting used to unless moving into Kville at large. Mebe not so bad then, right?
I moved from Detroit to Hickory in '83, wouldn't go back, heck never been back.
Enjoy yer stay. Just get used to ppl calling you 'damn yankee'
in case ya dint no......
a yankee is a person frum the north visiting the south then goes home
a 'damn yankee' comes down and never leaves!
B
:wink:

03outbackVT
12-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the beta buttafewcoe! Maybe this move will allow us to cross paths (wakes hopefully). Is there a name for someone who grew up in the south, moved out west, then northeast and now back to the south :shock:

james yarosz
12-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Cunfused? :?

03outbackVT
12-20-2007, 05:34 PM
wow, not a single person from TN in the house :shock:

I guess I will get perfect water all day every day! :P

AJones
12-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Morristown, TN. Cherokee Lake. Slalom and barefoot, no boarding (yet). I'm sure you'll like it down here. Just don't expect much snow to ski or board on.

Cherokee Lake - approx. 30 minutes from Ktown
Douglas Lake - less than 30 minutes from Ktown
Fort Loudon Lake - Downtown Ktown
Tellico Lake - Just west of Ktown, maybe 20 minutes west
Watts Bar Lake - less than 30 minutes west of Ktown

All times depending on where in Knoxville you plan to live.

Oh, I about forgot Norris Lake which is a favorite of many in the Ktown area.