PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Lake Rental for Vacation: Miss, AL, Ark, or TN

04OUTBACK
12-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Considering a lake vacation with the Mobius this summer.. Anybody got any recommendations for Miss, AL, AR, or TN? Thinking of Smith Lake, AL, Lake Chicot, AR Pickwick....

Anybody know of any good rentals?

Thanks.
BW

james yarosz
12-12-2007, 09:03 PM
We go to Dale Hollow lake in Tenn. every year for a week.We always rent a Houseboat,but most of the Marinas also rent cabins.There are NO private houses on Dale Hollow since all the surrounding property is owned by the Federal government.It seems like you can always find a deserted cove to Wakeboard/Ski.We always have a great time.We go the week before labor day and the lake is deserted,and water temps in the mid 80,s.If you are coming from the south try Willow Grove Resort.They are located in about the middle of the lake,have some nice cabins for rent(nothing fancy but reasonable),they come with a boat slip,and they always have the cheapest gas on the lake.

SEARK
12-13-2007, 12:19 AM
If you want to stay on Chicot the best place would be the Lake Chicot State Park. They have built some new cabins and redone the older ones in the past couple of years. The down side is there is really no marina for you to leave your boat in the water over night. But living on this lake has taught me one thing, you probably don't want to do that anyway. The lake tends to leave a film on the bottom of the boat that is tough to get off if you leave it in the water over night. I belive the cabins have enough room to park your boat by it. The ramp is good for loading and unloading your boat and you can get gas on the water there.

Jon
12-13-2007, 01:10 AM
If you want to go a little further into Arkansas, probably about 6 hours from you, try Lake Ouachita on the west side of Hot Springs. Mountain Harbor and Crystal Springs both have great places to stay on the beautiful lake.

04OUTBACK
12-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the responses guys.. I looked at the Chicot Cabins.. I was hoping to involve several family members... I guess we could get a couple of cabins..
Dale Hollow sounds nice... I'lll have to check it out.

Jon, I may give you a buzz after winter to discuss.. I am 4 hrs from your shop so not to bad of a drive to your area... couple of us at work talked about doing a houseboat in your area..

Keep the ideas coming! It helps to think about summer! I was in Salt Lake this week.. <30degrees and snow! Glad to be home... 70s and rain

SEARK
12-13-2007, 03:08 PM
I agree with Jon on going to Ouachita. I go there at least once every summer, Mountain Harbor, for a family reunion. That is a good place to go if your going to carry several family members. Its not to bad a haul pulling your boat either.
Chicot would be good for a day trip or quick weekend thing. If your going to go for more than one night I'd think about Ouachita. Plus no mosquitos up there.

james yarosz
12-13-2007, 05:20 PM
BW,if you ever have on questions about Dale Hollow give me a call or shoot me an e-mail. Been going there for almost 15 years and we still love it. JIM 586 - 808 - 6562 ,or [email protected]

james yarosz
12-13-2007, 10:57 PM
guess again :lol:

04OUTBACK
12-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Thanks Jim,
I'll try to restrict any calls or emails to non-telemarketing related issues.
Although, i am tempted to try to make a few holiday bucks off of you..
HA

After looking at a map, I think that is farther than I would prefer to drive and include a bunch of family... I'll have to explore that one sometime, though.

BW

smokedog2
12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
TM search program will pull your e-mail and phone off the net, thus Smokedognospam@bla to frustrate the automated serch