PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help with Board Setup!

AaronWhitt82
12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Hey guys I have a question about how to set my board and bindings up. I might sound stupid, but this is my first board and all the other ones I've used were friends and already setup.
I just bought a 07 Ronix Vault with Cabal bindings.
I'm not sure what screw holes to secure the bindings on as there is 16 different holes on the board. 8 holes for each binding, 4 for each side of binding.
I don't know how far towards the front or back of the board they are supposed to be.
There are also 6 holes on each side of the binding and I'm not sure how far forward or back or what angle to set it or if it's just supposed to be centered?
Also wondering if maybe I just need to play around with where I want the bindings to see what is most comfortable?
Any of you guys with Ronix boards could ya please help me out?
Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Buttafewcoe
12-12-2007, 04:56 AM
Position the bindings so you have a comfortable stance, mine are slightly 'pigeon toed'. I went with a neutral balance as far as forward vs. aft goes, in other words, they are centered on the board. I'd start with that, then play with it. There is a lot of personal preference that goes into placing the bindings.
Hope this helps
B

04OUTBACK
12-12-2007, 11:39 AM
One suggestion I'll make on width,
Jump straight up and note your width/stance when you land... this should help you determine your comfortable width... but, don't be afraid to bolt the boots down and stand there for a bit to make sure it is comfortable. may take you a few times.. I found that the vertical leap and landing helped me determine where I was comfortably balanced... Maybe you land on a newspaper and use a magic marker to mark width..
Best,
BW

AaronWhitt82
12-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks alot for the help guys.
I guess I have plenty of time to mess around with how they are positioned until it will actually see water..... Damn Winter!
I guess I'll start by screwing the bindings down near the center and go from there.... I'll eventually find me a nice comfortable setting!