PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Outback LS - wakeplate / trim tab / lead weight

oldman
08-07-2003, 03:19 PM
My apologies - I am sure this is a repeated posting. I think I've seen earlier posts stating that an you can't get a wakeplate for a 2000 Outback LS. Can anyone confirm that? I read another post where someone mentioned a 'single tab trim plate'. I think I know what a trim tab is, but I'm not sure. Does it perform the same as a wakeplate?

Finally, I am not interested in loading my boat down with water or lead - if I can some get a wakeplate to work, can I get a decent wake without the added weight? I would like to head out with just 3 folks on the boat....more boarding time!

Thanks

oldman
08-07-2003, 03:22 PM
I don't think Outbacks came with towers??? So maybe I should include that I do have a tower....so we can get some decent air as far as us beginners go, but I am looking for a taller wake....my wake has a low, smooth incline.

sextons
08-07-2003, 04:47 PM
Our wakeplate just helps shape the wake, it improves the lip and transition area but nothing will replace weight as far as getting a larger wake. The wakeplate doesn't drop the boat deeper into the water like weight will so if you're looking for a larger wake you'll need weight. If you think your wake is big enough but just needs to be smoothed out the wakeplate will definitely help with that.

noneya
08-11-2003, 11:36 AM
Gotta add weight! Start with a couple of 500 - 600 #'ers beside the engine.