PDA

View Full Version : Does Perfect Pass WB Pro have a temperature gauge?>

04OUTBACK
12-04-2007, 11:35 PM
I thought I remembered a post about Temp on Perf Pass... I searched but could not find it.. If you look on PerfPass website, it mentions some boats have it... Looked at the downloadable instructions and see no mention?

Just curious.. For what its worth, I have 06 LSV and the PP was factory option..

THANKS
BW

04OUTBACK
12-04-2007, 11:38 PM
so maybe I answered my own question now.. READ A little more carefully..
So... Next question... Are Moombas set up for this?

Press Menu & Up keys together to access the following:
Screen Contrast – By pressing up or down keys you can change the contrast level.
Range is 1 – 5. Lower values = better visibility in extreme sun. 3 is normal.
Name List – You can get to the name list through this feature, or by highlighting the
mode or name on main screen and press up.
System Info – This screen will display software version #, battery voltage, engine
selection, hour meter and water temperature. (Some information not on all boats)
Device Test – Troubleshooting information for servo motor or electronic throttle
systems.

04OUTBACK
12-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks Ed.. I'll have to look and see.. whenever I see the poor, lonely boat again..

lowdrag
12-06-2007, 07:39 AM
You're paddlewheel should have the temp sensor and wiring. If you check the system info and it doesn't give you a reading, the most likely culprit is the fact that they just didn't hook it up. I have an '06 that was like that and found that is was as simple as just plugging the wiring harnesses together. Everything was wired and ready to go, but for some reason they just didn't plug it in. I've heard from other people who have had the exact same problem.

Buttafewcoe
12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Heck, just stick yer toe in the water.........if it feels cold, it prolly IS cold.
Hope this helps
:P
B

Nafplio
12-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Ha.. some of us would never ride then :( . I normally see low 50's in middle May and high 60's as the warmest for the season. The temp indication is a good tool.
This topic has come up before. My '05 came with a manual that has instructions on how to get temp, how to calibrate it, etc. In later versions, some of this was left out for some reason.
Your boat should have this feature. I think it's an extra wire or two out of the paddle wheel. I don't think you need to be in the water to get an indication.

Sled491
12-07-2007, 12:02 AM
It's on my 07 PP, but not real easy to use. If you go to the screen with the temp you loose all your other info like speed and tach. So its good for a quick check, but not real good for continuous use unless you don't want the other normal features.

Nafplio
12-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Yea, there is no reason to display it all the time. I know how warm it needs to be before the kids or I can shed the wetsuit. It helps with that. Butta's method works too. But, it's nice to have. Especially when your friend with an I/O has it :lol:.

Buttafewcoe
12-07-2007, 02:41 AM
It is a nice feature. Unfortunately, I don't have PP. Mebe some day.
I'm on the boat by mid April, but not usually in the water until Memorial Day weekend or somewhere pretty close. By then the water has warmed up to a tolerable level.
B

cab13367
12-21-2007, 01:17 AM
I thought I remembered a post about Temp on Perf Pass... I searched but could not find it.. If you look on PerfPass website, it mentions some boats have it... Looked at the downloadable instructions and see no mention?

Just curious.. For what its worth, I have 06 LSV and the PP was factory option..

THANKS
BW

That post was from me. Below is the link. I have the same boat as you.

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=4512&highlight=

04OUTBACK
12-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks Cab.. knew I remembered one..

dtlaine
12-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Why is there no temp read out on our dashes if the paddlewheel has a sensor and wiring? Is it possible to extract that data using something other than PP?

04OUTBACK
12-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Good News! i went to my Boat Storage today to check on the boat.. Turned on PP and went through the Menu.. The Temp sensor works!
unfortunately, it read 46.2 degrees!
I AM READY for SUMMER NOW.

Happy New Year to ALL