PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 1st ... too pretty to say no...

bobwells
12-01-2007, 07:05 PM
It was so beautiful today crystal blue skies, good water, leaves changing color reflecting all over lake, just had to have it, Josh (my son) suited up we put the boat in and had a great day, we are blessed to live where we do. bout 10 min. from "you wanna go" ? - to boat in water.

04OUTBACK
12-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Bob,
Happy for you! I mowed my grass today! DEC 1!!!!
Then I went and put new registration decals on boat.. got the fever.. it was low 70s here today.. thought about it for a little.. I have drained the block already

I am about ready fo blow off work and head to Orlando to experience some of the fab weather.. I need a board fix soon

deerfield
12-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Chicago report: Snow, rain, wind, dark by 4:30. Got a sore throat. Goin' to bed. Lookin' forward to tomorrow.

bobwells
12-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Pray you feel better soon...

tarkus70
12-02-2007, 11:03 PM
It was so beautiful today crystal blue skies, good water, leaves changing color reflecting all over lake, just had to have it, Josh (my son) suited up we put the boat in and had a great day, we are blessed to live where we do. bout 10 min. from "you wanna go" ? - to boat in water.

I hate You :P LOL

bobwells
12-03-2007, 07:09 AM
Hey, there's a cpl. houses for sale around me here on the lake, come on down! we could use a few more "wake" neighbors, we are a minority here! Nov-Mar wetsuits... but very few real freezing days... Have a Super Merry Christmas Season ! send us some snow we'll swap it out for sunshine!

zegm
12-04-2007, 04:12 PM
I guess us Florida Lake dwellers are being pretty hard on all of those Northern types! But hey! I used to live up there many years ago and then guess what? I got smart, rented a U-Haul and have been fishing and skiing ever since!!!

Limishowman3
12-06-2007, 10:56 PM
lucky for yall who live in nice weather at this time of year. I am in college 400 miles away from home, and my boat is in the shop becuase my dad hit a stump in the water. Good thing for insurance otherwise I may not have any christmas presents this year.

zegm
12-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Stump!!!!

Wow are you sure you don't live in Florida???

We have had to have the prop fixed 2 times in the last 4 years due to Cypress Trees that were probably cut down 100 years ago!!!

bobwells
12-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I was thinking same thing ! stumps are infamous on our lake...

Limishowman3
12-08-2007, 02:33 AM
well when u have man made lakes everywhere, there are stumps in the water especially when u get withing 50ft of the bank. Lake dunlap is smooth as can be but has its shallow areas and underwater objects that are boats nightmares.

04OUTBACK
12-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Well, after being angry at this post last weekend, the weather forecast for Mississippi this weekend became 80 degrees sat and sunday. I got a call from a friend who keeps his boat in a heated garage and we went out Saturday afternoon. 80 air temp and 60 water temp... He had a dry suit and got warm.. I had a wetsuit and was comfortable riding, getting in was a touch chilly at first. First Fall was a little chilly... but, I GOT TO RIDE! It had been two months for me and I needed it! Of course, I am sore today!
We had the lake to ourselves.. only a few fishermen out. A little wind, but we stayed out of it for the most part... even had a few butter spots.

Here is the sunset as we headed back to dock.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j14/bradwebb1/wake120807.jpg

SEARK
12-09-2007, 10:51 PM
I gave it a long hard thought today as well. Wind was a little high and lake a bit to choppy and couldn't get any one to go with me. :lol:

bobwells
12-10-2007, 06:55 AM
beautiful shot ! I'm happy for you!!! :D Have a Super Christmas Season!

04OUTBACK
12-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Seark,
Pass through the village last week.. thought about you.. had lunch last monday at JJ's cafe.. GOOD FRIED CHICKEN! I swear I'll have to make a day trip over to Chicot next summer!
Sorry you could not find a crew yesterday.. The guy I went with Saturday went again yesterday!
Awesome.. 80 in December!
BW

Buttafewcoe
12-10-2007, 11:41 AM
In the 70's next couple days here in NC........sure has got ME thinkin!
B

Chefwong
12-10-2007, 02:00 PM
yayyy Freezing Rain!

You all suck.

And by suck I mean I am very jealous.

SEARK
12-10-2007, 06:06 PM
04Outback,
You picked a good place to eat. I try to get there once every couple of weeks. If I went anymore than that I'm not sure the LS would be able to pull me up. :lol:
You need to come up next summer. It's not to bad a drive for a day trip.

04OUTBACK
12-10-2007, 06:20 PM
I know what you mean! I had to exercise SERIOUS self control not to have 2-3 pieces of chicken for dessert! I'll definitely pull off the trip this summer.

zegm
12-11-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't we took your term too seriously. I mean even if you move here you will become a 75 degree water wimp like us! What was warm up there becomes cold down here after a couple of years! I mean if it 50degrees outside we think it is freezing now!!!