PDA

View Full Version : Speakers??????

tazz3069
11-26-2007, 09:02 PM
I currently have some Kicker boat speakers and tower speakers.(KM620 to be exact) I am thinking of chaging them out. It's either going to be the Boston Acoustics SX65 or the Polk Audio DB651. I have heard great things about the Polk Audio. I went today to purchase the speakers and they salesman told me that I would be much happier with the Boston Acoustics over the Polk Audio. I also was going to purchase two Kicker amps and the salesman is pointing me towards the Alpine amps. Can some one please help me? I do not know what to do now. I am very confused. The only thing I did purchase is the Boston Acoustic G3 10" sub. By the way, I will be selling everything in the boat that I have. 6 Kicker KM620 speakers, 4 Audio Formz speaker cans with Kicker km620 speakers, 1 Clarion APX 480m(4 channel) Amp and 1 APX280M9(2 Channel) Amp.
Tazz

AaronWhitt82
11-27-2007, 02:12 AM
I've always been a Boston Acoustics Fan. Thats all I use for my car audio. Great sound! I didn't know they made a Marine grade speaker? What size and how much is the SX65? I've never used Polk, but have heard alot of good things.
I've also never had experience with Alpine or Kicker so I can't give you any info about them, but from what I've heard both are really good quality and sound....
I'm sure there is alot of other members on here that can give you some better Info.

Bradfrd
11-27-2007, 08:57 AM
salesmen get perks for selling certain brands. Sometimes they may be looking out for there own best interest. That being said, all three are solid brands. All will perform well, but some better in certain situations. reserch whats best for you then swipe that credit card, you'll be happy once its in the boat. Happy shoppin!

tazz3069
11-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Arron
The Boston Acoustics I found are the SX65 at www.crutchfield.com for about $149.99 a pair. They also have the Polk Audio DB651 ar buy one ane get the second pair half off. $99.99 for the first pair

AaronWhitt82
11-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Tazz - Those Boston Acoustic speakers are not rated for marine use so I don't know that I'd want to use them at all espically for that price. Look on Ebay..... There is alot of Audio Liquidators on there with brand new speakers, amps, subs etc. at half the price Crutchfield wants for their stuff. I found the Boston's on there for around $70.

Here are some other great Marine Grade 6.5" speakers -
Infinity Kappa 602M
Alpine SPS-M600
Clarion CM1605/ CM1625
Kicker 06KM620
Kenwood KFC-1652MRW
Sony XS-MP1620W

Sled491
12-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Tazz, I bought 3 pairs of the Polks this summer from ATLoutback. He has a shop in Atlanta. He sold them to me for 69/pr including shipping. You should check him out, he's a regular on the site.

deepcove
12-07-2007, 01:35 AM
I replaced my stock Moomba speakers with Clarion marine. I can not believe the difference in the volume and clarity....huge improvement.

tazz3069
12-07-2007, 09:46 AM
I ordered my Polk Audio speakers. I also got my Boston Acoustic Bass in. The only thing left is my amps. I am going to be purchasing the Kicker Marine Amps. One is a 5 channel and the other is a four channel. I will post pictures of the finished install. Thanks everybody for all your responses.
Just to let you know, I had Kicker marine speakers and they sound really good. I just want something with a little more power. If anybody know someone who needs a system, please drop a line to me.
Tazz