PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

bambam26
11-17-2007, 03:41 AM
I went to the AWS in house boat show today and my wife and I were looking for a Outback V. Well we got there and the wife sat in the Mobius LS and realized it had much more room then the standard outback even with the DD. She loved it and the price was right so we ordered a 2008 LS with the following-
Wake plate
board racks
depth finder
appearance package
stereo
Bimini
tonneou cover
Gravity 1 ballast
spare tire
Heater
I know I am forgetting something but oh well you get the picture. We got it for I think a good price, 38,440 out the door. Oh and we also got the 20 hour service and skiing and or wake boarding lessons for both my daughters on thier private lake! I will get pics up in a few months when she arrives. I am a happy Moomba owner now!

bobwells
11-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Congrats ! I'm sure you will have many, many wonderful times and memories made with your new ride. May God Bless you and yours even more ! bob

zegm
11-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Bambam,

CONGRADULATIONS!!!
I have been torn between an Outback V and the LS and decided to really compare them at the Jan Boat show! Did you get factory incentives? How long until delivery?

tazz3069
11-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Congrats, Welcome to the family. I, myself, went to a dealer just to look. I called the wife and said "I think I found a boat." She said, "are we buying it." I replied," Well I guess." A few weeks later, it was sitting in front of my house. I love it. It is a great boat. You will have lots of fun and hours in your boat.

bambam26
11-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Zegm, We were not even considering the LS until we sat in it. My wife had sat in the outback a while back and was dead set against the Motor in the middle. After she sat in the LS however she liked it much better then the Outback V. More room even with the motor. It carries 13 versus 10 also. And the cost on it versus the V with all the same options was a 100 dollars difference and the LS had a Ballast where the V didnt. Yes I did get boat show type incentives, we had a choice of 4 items from a list of 6. I highly recommend you sit in and look over the LS closely along with the V. 3 months til delivery!!!!!

zegm
11-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Bambam,

Sled491 alerted me to the fact that the price of both would come out close so I went to the Outback V and the LS and used the boat builder to see what the difference was. Would you believe the LS was 200 dollars cheaper due to the fact that it already had the tower and some ballast. So I spoke to my wife about this and we plan to do exactly what you did, compare the two at the show. When we went to the dealer in July we compared an Outback and an Outback V side by side but didn't even think of the LS. Part of our perception is based on our old MasterCraft we now own. The beam is so small that there is no room in this boat. Can you tell me what the items were that you got to pick from?

bambam26
11-18-2007, 01:55 AM
The items we picked from were not the same items as the boat show items will be. At least not as we were told. The AWS show was an in house boat show I am not sure if the Moomba reps had anything to do with it. I was told by sales at the Moomba offices that the show incentives will be out in December. AWS gave us the choice of the the following
Bimini
cover
board racks
3 year extended warrantee on parts other then engine
appearance package
and I cant remember the last, sorry. We did the same compared the outbacks side by side and never considered the LS. The out back feels very restricted. But the LS feels large and roomy and you still have the DD for skiing and that pop out of the hole. We were very surprised at the room in the LS. One thing that we also liked was the fact you are not stepping onto the seat cushions, in the V it is hard to avoid the seats. I think we are going to be very pleased with the boat.....

zegm
11-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Bambam,

Again congradulations! Did they give you a delivery date?

bambam26
11-18-2007, 06:38 PM
sometime in February

hiqualityH2O
11-19-2007, 04:28 PM
NICE!! I like the fact that you have the option of a very flat wake for skiing and a fat wake for the board! I'm predicting an extremely fun summer ahead!!

Bulldgz
11-20-2007, 02:35 AM
bambam26,

Congrats ! & Welcome! Look forward to seeing some photos. :D