PDA

View Full Version : paddle wheel replacement

NLindellDC
11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
I did a search, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I have an '04 Mobius LSV and the paddle wheel on the speedo (under the boat) is broken. I called the dealer closest to me and they attempted to sell me the ENTIRE ASSEMBLY for $109.95.

Seriously....there's got to be a way to just buy a new paddle wheel. Only the guy at the dealer couldn't find the model #. Anyone know which one it is? I know it's made by Airmar and that is all. Thanks....

zabooda
11-12-2007, 08:36 PM
try
http://www.airmar.com/pdfs/cat/marine/parts.pdf

NLindellDC
11-13-2007, 10:04 AM
yeah, I've already been to their website. In fact, I even called airmar but they told me that they need the model # in order to find the part I need, so it didn't help much. I think I'm gonna call another dealer today and see if I can find it.

Airmar told me the only way to get the model # is to look at the white tag either under the dash by the speedometer or in the hull by the transducer.....but I'm looking for an easier way :D

zabooda
11-13-2007, 12:52 PM
One would think that the company could match up the model number if you were to send some pictures of the system.

Smrtz
11-13-2007, 02:59 PM
I see you are a gambling man Ed...
LOL!!

Buttafewcoe
11-13-2007, 06:46 PM
He only gambles with his money.....never his life...
:wink:
B

NLindellDC
11-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Mine is an '04 LSV and I do think it's the S300 model.....it looks like it anyway. I'll let you all know for sure when I find out for future reference.

Buttafewcoe
11-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Remember to duct tape your paddle wheel to keep it from turning if you trailer long distances or trailer @ highway speeds. The wind will make it turn and wear it out prematurely.
Hope this helps
B

bobwells
11-25-2007, 08:54 PM
hey Butta, is that a younger pic of you like TOTALLY waxed ??? :lol:
I recognize that look from years gone by :wink:

bobwells
11-25-2007, 08:56 PM
not the one with the shades, the profile pic...

Buttafewcoe
11-26-2007, 05:26 AM
The one with shades is me......the 'waxed' one is my youngest son, and is quite good behind the OB.
B

bobwells
11-26-2007, 09:50 PM
so butta, it IS a younger version of you ! May you and yours have a super Christmas Season my friend, bob

p.s. your gonna have to hold a cyber class one day (probally a wk for me) on how you post all the pics. thanks for sharing !

Buttafewcoe
11-27-2007, 05:32 AM
Really no secret to posting pics.........I use MS Paint for re-sizing and have 'Webshots' as a hold. Read the FAQ on pic posting and fiddle with it to see what happens.
B

NLindellDC
03-17-2008, 11:44 AM
I know this is a really old thread, but I just wanted to post this in case anyone else was looking. First off, my dealer had no clue and certainly Airmar had no clue.

Whoever bet a $1 on Perfect Pass was dead right. I called them and they sell the "paddle wheel repair kit" for $10.....I ordered 4 of them, since I break one at least every year due to the paddlewheel hitting the trailer runners (brilliant engineering, I might add).

Anyway, it is indeed the ST300 transducer, but for $10 you can get the repair kits! Good news for me!

JesseC
03-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the info! Where is your paddle wheel located? Mine is just to the right of the fins and could never hit the trailer!?!? I am going to order one just in case mine wears out or meets a floating object.

NLindellDC
03-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the info! Where is your paddle wheel located? Mine is just to the right of the fins and could never hit the trailer!?!? I am going to order one just in case mine wears out or meets a floating object.

Yours is certainly in a better location than mine.......mine is located on the port side, about a third of the way up from the transom (right in line with the trailer runner).

Also, I forgot to mention.....

The guy at Perfect Pass that I talked to told me that coming in May or June, they will have a new product out that will solve this problem for me. He said it will no longer require a paddle wheel?!?!? Sounds pretty cool. Anybody know what this new "product" might be?

JesseC
03-17-2008, 12:47 PM
They are probably refering to the GPS version of Perfect Pass, I can not remeber what it was called, but it has been talked about somewhere on the board, I just couldn't find it. Should be interesting though.

NLindellDC
03-17-2008, 12:58 PM
ah, that's right. I do remember hearing something about that now. So the question will be do I contnue to buy $10 paddle wheels every 6 months or a year or invest in a new PP? Decisions, decisions.....