PDA

View Full Version : Pacific North West

bambam26
11-08-2007, 12:37 PM
What dealership has the best service around the Pacific NW area? I have about an hour drive to Gonnasons in Seattle and about 3 hours to Portland. How is the service at Gonnasons versus Active Water sports? Can anyone help me out here? I have been working on getting my boat through Gonnasons but I am really not that impressed with there sales staff. So I am considering the Portland Boat show and Active Water sports. Do any of you Pacific NW Moomba owners have an opinion? Thanks ............Bambam

zabooda
11-08-2007, 06:51 PM
There is a dealer in the Tri-Cities but they haven't been in the boat business very long and I wouldn't take my boat there to get serviced. They also sell motorcycles and I ended buying a new bike over the internet and shipped to me from Wisconsin for much less than they would sell me one. I did use a dealer in Post Falls Idaho to drop ship me a propeller but I see they no longer exist but there is a dealer in Spokane and generally there have been good prices on boats in the Spokane area. I expect gas prices to be around four bucks a gallon by January, Christmas sales way down and the economy floundering so you should be able to get a boat real cheap. You should be able to dictate prices at the boat shows and Seattles's economy is more robust than other areas in the NW so I would recommend going to other shows.

hiqualityH2O
11-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I bought from AWS at the PDX boat show and had it delivered (100+ miles) no charge. In terms of service Jay (service manager) is the best you'll find. We had an issue (spilled oil on the boat cover) and he totally made it right. In terms of price we got the standard mfg. incentives. As far as 2008 dealership prices, Moomba is already priced well below competitors and they know it. Considering today's economy, the Nautique, MC and Supra buyer will be considering Moomba. You may get a couple thousand off an MC but I don't think you'll get that from a Moomba dealership. When we purchased our boat last summer AWS was sold out of V drives and gas was around $3.60. Speaking of cost, I see a boat as an economical way to enjoy the summer. With the cost of living, fuel and travel going up, folks especially families are looking for fun close to home - I know we are.

bambam26
11-09-2007, 11:47 PM
I have heard good things about AWS. I just feel like the local Seattle store has you right where they want you and they know you wont go any where else. I know that Moombas prices are already way low but I would like some friendly service to go along with such a big purchase. When I called AWS they told me that they would meet me in toledo Wa to test drive a boat and were really friendly to talk with. When I have asked to test drive a boat with the Seattle store they dont seem very anxious to get me out there. They are willing and all but I feel like I am putting them out. They have made me a good offer on a 2007 boat but it has many items I just dont need or want and when I asked to get some other items they said sure they would do that, but then a few days later I was informed I would have to pay several hundred dollars to have these items installed. They were not willing to put the items on at there cost they wanted to add the cost of labor to my boat purchase, I just feel like for that much money there should be some friendly service along with the sale. I plan on going to the Portland show and the Seattle show, unless I purchase in Portland...........

hiqualityH2O
11-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Bam- I would definitely recommend AWS. Talk to Greg or Gerry (sales). They're pleasent to work with and they'll definitely treat you like a valued customer after the sale. The only thing I would've done different is negotiated some service items like 20 hour and winterization etc. before I signed the offer. I was drueling the moment I climbed in the boat and they had me!

csumerall
11-10-2007, 04:35 PM
aws actually owns a wakboard camp/private lake in toledo, went there for the camp last fathers day. Having purchased my boat from gonnasons(they are actually in kent) I would highly reccomend going else where. I had nothing but problems with the sales staff after the purchase and the service department is HORRIBLE

bambam26
11-10-2007, 07:30 PM
I am planning on bringing my 2 girls to the camp come this summer. I think it is awesome that they are willing to meet me at that lake to test drive a boat. Gonnasons sales staff is the reason I am considering another stor to purchase from. I just dont really like how they make me feel. How was the camp? [/b]

csumerall
11-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Before the camp I had never ridden a wakboard, snowboard or water skied. First lesson of the day they had me up and by the end of the day I had no problem getting up everytime and riding with some confidence. I usually suggest it to anyone thinking of buying a wakboard or boat. I took a lot away from it. I take it you were dealing with kevin over at gonnasons? Most of my problems happened after I bought the boat. The service dept. broke my emergency brake on the trailer then tried to charge me 300 bucks to fix it. I fixed it my self in a half hour and did it for 10 bucks. Ive tried ordering things from them and the parts never show up. I called boatmate directly, parts at my house within the week. I had waited 6 months for the part. And the best part is that boat mate said gonnasons had never contacted them. I will never buy anything from them again. And will never recommend them to anyone

bambam26
11-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Yes you have it on the nose! I just dont get the feeling that I matter at all with Gonnasons or at least with Kevin. He seems like he is only concerned with selling a boat and getting a commision. I think I will go to AWS have you been doing your warrenty work with them? Thanks for all the info........

csumerall
11-11-2007, 03:50 AM
No luckily I havent had to do anything as far as a warranty yet

zegm
11-11-2007, 09:19 AM
bambam
I called the dealership in GA to see if they had the Factory Incentives for the Jan. Atlanta Boat show and was told that they don't usually get them until a couple of weeks before the show. Also with the new boat builder and thanks to sled491 I calculated that I can get a Mobius LS for the same price as an Outback V with optional tower and ballast. Now my wife and I will have to compare them side by side at the show!