PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure Sensors

dtlaine
11-03-2007, 12:24 PM
I think I'm having issues w/ both oil pressure sensors. The fuel pump has cut out a couple times, so I'm thinking that I should replace the cut-off switch by the distributor. I think I remember that there is an updated 2-prong switch that I should use to replace the old 3-prong one. Can I do that with oil in the motor, or do I need to drain it before I pull the sensor out?

The sensor that runs the gauge hasn't worked since I bought the boat used this spring. Do I need to drain the oil to swap that one out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Engine Nut
11-03-2007, 07:05 PM
I think I'm having issues w/ both oil pressure sensors. The fuel pump has cut out a couple times, so I'm thinking that I should replace the cut-off switch by the distributor. I think I remember that there is an updated 2-prong switch that I should use to replace the old 3-prong one. Can I do that with oil in the motor, or do I need to drain it before I pull the sensor out?

The sensor that runs the gauge hasn't worked since I bought the boat used this spring. Do I need to drain the oil to swap that one out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you have a three wire fuel punp safety switch by the distributor, replace it with the newer two wire switch. Have your dealer order you an S496007 fuel pump safety switch kit. You do not have to drain the oil before changing either the fuel pump safety switch or the oil pressure sender.