PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Filter on 07 Outback

JDsTOY
10-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I have 2007 Outback with the Zurth tranny and was wondering if anyone has figured out how to get the filter out and cleaned and obviously back in? Any info would be appreciated.[/b]

Buttafewcoe
10-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Not an easy task. I think it is highly recommended the dealer perorm that service.
B

JDsTOY
10-30-2007, 09:36 PM
I am not trying to act smug but is their a reason for your statement? Another words have you tried it and it is very difficult with many issues therefore it makes sense to have someone else do it. I have what I would consider a large shop with many tools including many years of experience working with mechanical stuff. If you have any advice please advise. I have not really looked at this so I don't know what I'm up against yet.

Buttafewcoe
10-31-2007, 02:31 AM
I cannot speak with any authority as I have not performed this particular service. However, I have read other posts regarding it by, who I thought, credible sources.
I am not saying you or I, as I think myself mechanically inclined also, cannot remove the trans and access the filter, which is on the bottom of the unit then realign the assembly properly. If that day ever comes for me, I will decide how best I can approach it then.
You will have to decide what is your best opt.
Hope this helps
B

JDsTOY
10-31-2007, 06:06 AM
Thank you for your advice. Sometime's its good to hear it from someone else, being maybe I shouldn't attempt this feat. The frustrating thing about it is that as per the manual this needs to be done only once to get the factory debris out. After that it is fuid changes only. Thanks again I really do appreciate your time. JD

carsondoc
10-31-2007, 06:31 PM
I went through this a couple years ago and finally determined, after consulting with the dealer and Skier's Choice, that the only way to get that filter out is to pull the entire tranny because you have to remove it from the bottom.

I'm pretty sure that most people just pump out their tranny fluid and replace it at the recommended intervals.