PDA

View Full Version : Where's everyones amp mounted?

sethscott
10-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Looking around the boat to see where i going to mount my amps. Looking at making a panel that goes straight across behind the battery. Pics would help if anyone would like to contribute

Buttafewcoe
10-29-2007, 11:29 PM
That's where mine is mounted. Right behind the observer's seat on the raised panel
B

adsman
10-30-2007, 12:07 PM
07 LSV.... factory amp mounted on the raised panel too.

shulaj
10-31-2007, 06:19 PM
Mine is there too...attached to the vertical wall just inside the storage area. Mine is on the LEFT side (when looking in) But it is not factory. I LOVE the look though. I also cut my own hole for the subwoofer under my feet. It is JL Audio Gear....the best there is. The 6 Channel one.

ATLOUTBACKV
11-03-2007, 10:08 AM
"It is JL Audio Gear....the best there is. The 6 Channel one"

lol at the best there is.... there is way better out there... especially when you are speaking about their e series or marine crap....

Sled491
11-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Shaluj,

Are you saying you cut a hole in the floor under your counsel? Or do you have some kind of sub floor you mounted in?

shulaj
11-06-2007, 12:50 PM
I put the sub at my feet right below the steering wheel. The floor is very very thick there so nothing else needed for support. I just traced it on the carpet and drilled a pilot hole, then used a jig saw. Piece of cake.

As for the AMP, the 6 channel amp A6450M is what I own and it sounds spectacular. It is the marine version. Clear and LOUD - and clear (again) of course. I demo'd others but for the money and the clarity and the tuning capability....nothing else came close for the money.

I was considering getting the wetsounds speakers but the new ones for the interior were not out when i needed them. I have JL Audio marine speakers.

As someone who has lots of great sounding stereos and speakers and cars with aftermarket gear, if I had to put in new stuff in my boat, I would order exactly what I have. My deck is also not factory.
The only thing I need is a bluetooth piece added to it and the remote piece near the throttle. Next spring since I've got no time right now.

Sled491
11-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the info, I of course have a smaller boat, but I like the idea, I'm going to have to see if I can get that to work

zegm
11-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Amp??? I know I am really getting old when mounting an amp in a boat is an issue. I go out to water ski, knee board and wake board. Plus my 7 and 10 year old could really care less about loud music. Man I thought I was old when I finally decided to buy a wakeboard, now I have to worry about an amp!! Has anyone out there gone throught the course playing music? Does it help? I guess I should try it maybe i can get that last bouy!

Sled491
11-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Maybe not the course, but nothing beats a early saturday morning set on open water with the tunes cranked waking up the neighbours 8)

zegm
11-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Around here it is the early morning bass boats going full tilt. No wait thats not quite right, since my house is 5 lots away from the ramp it is the red neck laying drags in their trucks up the ramp after they launch the bass boats -first. And during the winter it is the same dudes only now they slip quietly in the water even earlier and you don't hear a thing until they unload 4 or 5 shells out of their shotguns hoping to get a poor canadian duck that happens to winter here. But I did hear a wakeboard boat once this summer going by playing something that went boom boom.......boom!

Sled491
11-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Ah it's a beautiful thing

Buttafewcoe
11-10-2007, 11:32 PM
er, redneck is just one word, not two. I'm frum da souf, so's I nose
Funny story.....Our early morning sessions in the summer begin around 8:00am heading to the river. Which means we're putting in @ 8:15. By then the air temp is approaching 80 deg. There are some prime fishing spots on the main channel, but that's where we board, also. The Catawba River (Lake Hickory) is only about 1/4 mile to 3/8ths mile wide, and can get pretty crowded pretty fast. Usually, that early, you'll only find the bass boated redneck (once an endangered species, now quite common) out and about. My stereo is put together from stuff from the 'close-out' rack, but I've found you don't have to spend a ton 'o money to get quality (and quantity) toons. Little to no noise, and sounds carry across the surface of the water......
Anyway, we'll either putt up toward the sandbar or down toward the dam because in between the two is about 3 to 4 miles of flat a$$ glass that early of a morning. Sacked up, me lil '04 OB (about 1200# ballast) does ok with a wake as you guys know. So we'll take a few minutes to 'git 'er did with the ballast thing. A brewski or couple to loosen up, and we're off..........
Now I really, I mean REALLY, try not to bother anyone. I mean you can hear the music out on the board, and we stay in the middle of the channel, giving whoever else is out the rest, which ain't a lot cos I already said it's kinda narrow out there....
So, here we go, plowing up the middle of the river, got the tunes on, practicing my 180's and lip slides. After a pass or three, the glass is either going or gone. And we're getting stares from the bass boated rednecks. The evil kind. And a couple of 'em has already lit out doing 70 or 80 mph. One of them hits one of my rollers, and his boat points it's nose toward the sky. Dang, that had to be scary, his passenger is holding on for dear life
I did not know you could fit that many birds in a bass boat, you know, the one fingered kind.
Why can't we all just get along
B

zegm
11-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Well let me tell you that 2 years ago my wife and the 2 kids went for a nice drive down towards the damn. About 1/2 way there the ole MC (MasterCraft) started slowing down and the engine sped up??? I thought the keyway has sheared and the prop is just freewheeling. It was getting late and dark. No problem here comes a boat (bassboat) we waved and waved and the dude just drove by. What??? OK a few minutes later and we see another bass boat so we wave frantically and again they ignore us and drive by. Now here is the cool part, I look across the lake and see a man lowering his inboard ski boat from its lift!!! He drives all the way out to us and gives us a tow back to the dock in his very pretty red Moomba Outback!!! My wife and kids see the boat and ask if they can jump in it with him leaving me all alone to steer mine. This is how we became aware of the Moomba Outback!!! Later when I got the boat on the trailer to my horror I found out that the 1 " thick SS driveshaft had broke in half near the tranny! Wooden stringers allow engines to get out of alignment after years of use and that puts a small bow in the drive shaft. After a few years of this the shafts will snap in 1/2. Hey what else do I need for an excuse to get a new Moomba!!! My wife loves it and the stringers are bad in the ole MC! And when I see those bass boats I will make sure the ballast bags are full!!!!!