PDA

View Full Version : Drain my fuel tank..Engine bogs down

titan2539
10-28-2007, 09:34 PM
I have a 2004 Mobius LSV

It seems I have water in my fuel tank. It is enough that the engine runs very poor I have to play with the throttle just to make it back to the docks. I have about 8 gallons left and just want it all out.

Thanks in advance.

Buttafewcoe
10-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Yep, I'd want it all out, too. Couple ways to go about it......
A) get some HEET (dry gas)
1) remove the fuel line in front of the fuel filter, run it out the drain hole (where yer plug goes), and let gravity work its miracle.
2) siphon it out the old fashion way, again with gravity doing its thing.
3) get you one of them electric type siphoners and pump it out
4) remove the tank and dump it out
There may be another way or two, hopefully you'll find you one that suits your ways and means
Hope this helps
B

Yellowmobius
10-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I had water in my 2001 Mobius tank (found while on vacation) so I was at the mercy of the local shop. They took GREAT care of me. They did not recommend Heat or other gas dryers - I had like a gallon of water in the tank from a bad gas fill. They removed the tank and completely dried it out.
They even disconnected the fuel line at the fuel pump (carb side) and then jumped the fuel pump to get all the fuel out of the fuel line.

I wouldn't mess around with water in the gas, bad deal

zabooda
11-04-2007, 03:01 AM
I drain my gas tank every year when I winterize and you can drain the tank by removing the gas line at the carb and place it into a gas can and put a 12 volt source to the fuel pump.